Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135

Go down 
+3
paalfe
Envy
billyad2000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 am

New version 3.135

Changes for this build

• Added - Poster Browser has been added to TV Shows
  • Bugfix - Regex error which limited multipart episodes to 2 episodes
  • Bugfix - Regex error which changed episode path to lowercase causing custom regex to not work as intended
  • Bugfix - TV Show Genre auto scraper contained unwanted "|"s
  • Bugfix - "season00.tbn" does not import to XBMC, filename changed to "season-specials.tbn"
  • Changes -
  • Added - Option to dl "season-all.tbn" when selectin tvshow, can select poster or banner. It can also be downloaded from the tv show poster browser
  • Added - Show and Episode Counter
  • Changes - Various changes to interface that left controls off screen at times, especially when the Status Strip was in use
  • Bugfix - Moving the window several times could cause an exception as the new location was saved
  • Bugfix - Multiple causes of the nullexception error have been fixed
  • Bugfix - General, a reused public variable was used in multiple threads causing unexpected results - There is a small possibility that this has broke something, I think I got everything, but could not be 100%

Whats next

Over the next few weeks I want to finish the remaining work on MC that will finally bring it (Functionally) upto Gen1, this will include such things as TV Episode Screen capture using ffmpeg, profiles, and maybe a few other things I have on my mind.

Whats on my mind for the near future, not necessarily in this order.

• Something that has been on my mind for ages is the complexity of the program, I would like to create some kind of startup wizard that would guide users through the basic steps of getting started.
  • A reworking of the preferences is long overdue, perhaps having a basic config and advanced config system.
  • Some people would prefer MC to remain portable, while others want it installed into their program directory, so I need to think about a way to achieve this.
  • Some kind of HTML template system would also be nice, allowing users to create customised movie and tv lists.
  • Command line already exists for movies, I want to include similar for tv episodes.
  • Batch rescrape wizard for tv episodes.
  • Support for XBMC Scraper files, there is a superb library available now that would make this fairly simple, though I would probably keep the MC libraries since I can fix those, the XBMC scrapers are simply beyond me.
  • Album support
  • Adding facility for custom genres filters, or to enable the editing the current ones

Keep the bug reports coming.

Download Version 3.135

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).[b]

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Envy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 am

Clicking on TV series in the Treeview with almost not information, generated me this un-trapped exception.
Not sure if its complaining about the filename or some other internal parameter your using.

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
  at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
  at Media_Companion.Form1.loadtvshow(String path)

Thanks for all the work on this app... it's a great little utility.
Back to top Go down
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Pretty serious TV show bug here:

Same happened with v3.1.2.8

Happens when I "rebuild shows", tv shows is stored on a mapped network folder (r:).
I can search for new episodes, download posters and everything else, but "rebuild shows" gives this error.

Quote :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'r:\tv series\the venture bros'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Media_Companion.Form1.ListtvFiles(basictvshownfo tvshow, String pattern)
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildtvshows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildShowsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.1.3.5
Win32 Version: 3.1.3.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Media%20Companion/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
TVDB
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Media%20Companion/TVDB.DLL
imdb
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Media%20Companion/imdb.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Back to top Go down
DrDDT

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Envy wrote:
Clicking on TV series in the Treeview with almost not information, generated me this un-trapped exception.
Not sure if its complaining about the filename or some other internal parameter your using.

Code:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:50 pm

Can confirm this error as well.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:39 am

Envy wrote:

Code:

Fixed for the next build
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:10 am

paalfe wrote:

Happens when I "rebuild shows", tv shows is stored on a mapped network folder (r:).
I can search for new episodes, download posters and everything else, but "rebuild shows" gives this error.

The exception is clear in it's cause -

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'r:\tv series\the venture bros'.

MC checks for the folders existance before it calls the "listtvfiles" sub

Code:
Dim hg As New IO.DirectoryInfo(tvfolder)
    If hg.Exists Then
    ListtvFiles(tvfolder, "*.nfo")
End If

The only explanation I can think of, since MC has access to this folder is that one of the subfolders, or their subfolders does not have the correct permissions. I will catch the error from the next build, but if a single subfolder does not have the correct permissions then MC will not be able to display the show properly.
Back to top Go down
rausch101

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 am

Hell of a job on the program. I just scraped about 10 new episodes of various shows in like 3 seconds and they all worked perfectly. Thanks for all of your work.
Back to top Go down
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 am

billyad2000 wrote:
paalfe wrote:

The exception is clear in it's cause -

MC checks for the folders existance before it calls the "listtvfiles" sub

Code:
Dim hg As New IO.DirectoryInfo(tvfolder)
    If hg.Exists Then
    ListtvFiles(tvfolder, "*.nfo")
End If

The only explanation I can think of, since MC has access to this folder is that one of the subfolders, or their subfolders does not have the correct permissions. I will catch the error from the next build, but if a single subfolder does not have the correct permissions then MC will not be able to display the show properly.

I have checked all permissions and I have full access.
The problem happens even with only one (any) tv show in the "tv show folders" in the preferences.
Why does it work perfect with movies? movies is stored on the same network drive and has the same permissions as tv shows.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:49 pm

I had lots of similar problems with the Movie section, the issue is definately caused by the "dir_info.GetFiles(pattern, SearchOption.AllDirectories)"

It is a carryover from gen1, I wrote a sub for enumerating movie directories that works very differently, to be honest, looking at the code, i'm not sure why I am not using it for TV Shows aswell.

I think that since I had not recieved any issues for TV Shows, I didn't bother changing the parser.

Now seems as good as time as any to add the new routine to tv folder parsing, I'll change it over and hopefully this will fix your problem, I'll try to get a new build uploaded by the end of today (GMT), but I can't make any promises.
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:45 am

Huge collection of Cocktail Dresses Under 100, Ball Gown Wedding Dresses 2011, Bridesmaid Dresses Under 100 on sale. If your prom dress budget is from $100-$200, here is a selection of prom dresses under $200 and evening dresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.135
Page 1 of 1