Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.128 - opening offscreen?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyB

3.128 - opening offscreen? Empty
PostSubject: 3.128 - opening offscreen?   3.128 - opening offscreen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:46 am

I've just upgraded from 3.125 to 3.128 and when I run MC I get the splash screen and then after it goes away... nothing? The app is running, process is in Task Manager, I can preview it in Win7 by hovering over task bar icon, but the MC app window is not visible.

I had a quick look in the config.xml for some sort of window positioning setting and found these:
Code:

<locx>-32000</locx>
  <locy>-32000</locy>

but after removing the values, they reset to the above.

Anyway, I shoved 100, 100 in as values and managed to get it opening on-screen but kinda weird that for some reason it reset itself to those bizarre settings?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 3.128 - opening offscreen?   3.128 - opening offscreen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 am

Billy did we put in a test for this issue to see if the screen XY was valid on startup, I can't remember if it was implemented in the end or not?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.128 - opening offscreen?   3.128 - opening offscreen? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:46 pm

I've just identified the cause of this, -32000 is returned as the screen location when it is closed while minimised, ive just added a few lines that restore the program if it is minimised on exit.

During startup the config file is loaded, or created after which I added code to check that the form location is within the bounds of the display, and if not it is reset to 0,0. It seems that there is a logic error with this, I'll fix it for the next build.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.128 - opening offscreen?   3.128 - opening offscreen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.128 - opening offscreen?
Page 1 of 1