Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139

Go down 
+3
paybac
paalfe
billyad2000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:55 pm

New Release Build 3.135

A number of bugfixes have been reported since Sunday, this build addresses most of them.

Changes since version 3.135

• Missing TV Art would raise exception
  • Changed TV Folder Parser
  • <aspect> tag added to streamdetails
  • After browsing posters, changing the show in the main browser would keep previous show details
  • Searching for TV Posters on IMDB would result with an exception if no IMDB ID is available
  • Season-all default preference can now be added to preferences
  • If closed when minimised would result in MC opening off screen
  • Various other issues raising exceptions have been addressed

I intend to spend the next few weeks just fixing bugs, Keep the reports coming, if a bug you have encountered has been fixed then please say so.

Download Version 3.139

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).[b]

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Quote :

I had lots of similar problems with the Movie section, the issue is definately caused by the "dir_info.GetFiles(pattern, SearchOption.AllDirectories)"

It is a carryover from gen1, I wrote a sub for enumerating movie directories that works very differently, to be honest, looking at the code, i'm not sure why I am not using it for TV Shows aswell.

I think that since I had not recieved any issues for TV Shows, I didn't bother changing the parser.

Now seems as good as time as any to add the new routine to tv folder parsing, I'll change it over and hopefully this will fix your problem, I'll try to get a new build uploaded by the end of today (GMT), but I can't make any promises.

The error is gone and I can now "rebuild shows", but only the title of the show appears in the list and none of the episodes.
"Search for new episodes" still works and new episodes appear in the list until I close and reopen Media Companion.
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Movie Fanart and Poster really slow??   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 am

Is it it just me? or perhaps the imdb or TMdb websites? But curently for this build the movie fanart and Poster browers are unbelievably slow(like 3-4mins a fanart image loads) or MC just stops responding all together without giving any errors.
No problem with TV shows.

Also is the Prefences option "Maximum amount of posters to display within the movie poster browser" spose to be working? If i enter a number in there it does not save it.

The word "Director" is not in the right place on the Movies/Mainbrowser its sitting on top of "Credits:"

Cheers Billy, obviouslly you have been working hard on MC the last couple of weeks. Great progress and keep up the good work mate. Best media Manager out there.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 pm

paybac wrote:
Is it it just me? or perhaps the imdb or TMdb websites? But curently for this build the movie fanart and Poster browers are unbelievably slow(like 3-4mins a fanart image loads) or MC just stops responding all together without giving any errors.

Also is the Prefences option "Maximum amount of posters to display within the movie poster browser" spose to be working? If i enter a number in there it does not save it.

The word "Director" is not in the right place on the Movies/Mainbrowser its sitting on top of "Credits:"

Cheers Billy, obviouslly you have been working hard on MC the last couple of weeks. Great progress and keep up the good work mate. Best media Manager out there.

IMDB is very fast, TMdb though can slow to a crawl at times, and that is where fanart is downloaded from. TVDB has similar speed issues. The speed of these is beyond the control of MC.

I'll put the director label in its correct location for the next build.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 pm

paalfe wrote:
Quote :

I had lots of similar problems with the Movie section, the issue is definately caused by the "dir_info.GetFiles(pattern, SearchOption.AllDirectories)"

It is a carryover from gen1, I wrote a sub for enumerating movie directories that works very differently, to be honest, looking at the code, i'm not sure why I am not using it for TV Shows aswell.

I think that since I had not recieved any issues for TV Shows, I didn't bother changing the parser.

Now seems as good as time as any to add the new routine to tv folder parsing, I'll change it over and hopefully this will fix your problem, I'll try to get a new build uploaded by the end of today (GMT), but I can't make any promises.

The error is gone and I can now "rebuild shows", but only the title of the show appears in the list and none of the episodes.
"Search for new episodes" still works and new episodes appear in the list until I close and reopen Media Companion.

Out of curiosity, could you give me the full path and filename of one of the nfo files that is not found, perhaps with a copy of the contents of the nfo.
Back to top Go down
guybrush123

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm

The "runtime" field in Movies has disappeared.
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 am

billyad2000 wrote:
paybac wrote:

IMDB is very fast, TMdb though can slow to a crawl at times, and that is where fanart is downloaded from. TVDB has similar speed issues. The speed of these is beyond the control of MC.

I'll put the director label in its correct location for the next build.

Everything seems to be back up to speed today musta been just a slow day at TMdb
Back to top Go down
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
paalfe wrote:
Quote :

Out of curiosity, could you give me the full path and filename of one of the nfo files that is not found, perhaps with a copy of the contents of the nfo.

R:\TV series\Band Of Brothers\Season01\Band Of Brothers - S01E07 - The Breaking Point.nfo

Quote :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<width>608</width>
<height>336</height>
<codec>XVID</codec>
<format>XVID</format>
<duration>1h 12mn 48s 493ms</duration>
<bitrate>952 Kbps</bitrate>
<bitratemode>
</bitratemode>
<bitratemax>
</bitratemax>
<container>.avi</container>
<codecid>XVID</codecid>
<codecidinfo>
</codecidinfo>
<scantype>PPF</scantype>
</video>
<audio>
<language>
</language>
<codec>AC-3</codec>
<channels>6</channels>
<bitrate>384 Kbps</bitrate>
</audio>
<subtitle />
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
<title>The Breaking Point</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>7</episode>
<aired>2001-10-14</aired>
<plot>Easy Company battles near Foy, Belgium, losing numerous men. In the episode, the actions of 1st Lt. Norman Dike, the Company's commander, are examined and questioned. He is eventually relieved by 1st Lt. Ronald Speirs, who becomes the Company's new leader. Serving as narrator is 1st Sgt. Carwood Lipton, who attempts to keep the morale of the men up as they endure their trials in the forest near Foy, earning him a pending field promotion to 2nd. Lt. for his leadership ability. </plot>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<director>David Frankel</director>
<credits>Graham Yost</credits>
<rating>8.6</rating>
<runtime>72 min</runtime>
<actor>
<name>Alex Sabga</name>
<role>
</role>
</actor>
</episodedetails>
Back to top Go down
hanson

PostSubject: batch rescrape error   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:12 am

when batch rescrapping movies I get this error on 25 of 2500 movies:
An error occurred creating the form. see exception.innerexception for details.
the error is: Active X control 8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2 cannot be instantiated
because the current thread is not in a single-thread apartment

is this the movies that are not found on imdb?

the other thing that came to mind was whatever happend to the trashcan?

still works great

thanks great work
hanson
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:14 pm

hanson wrote:
when batch rescrapping movies I get this error on 25 of 2500 movies:
An error occurred creating the form. see exception.innerexception for details.
the error is: Active X control 8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2 cannot be instantiated
because the current thread is not in a single-thread apartment

is this the movies that are not found on imdb?

the other thing that came to mind was whatever happend to the trashcan?

still works great

thanks great work
hanson

What movies does this happen to?

The trashcan had a few problems finding what files matched the nfo, and until I can work out 100% how to deal with the problems then it will not be re-added
Back to top Go down
toekneebullard

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Noticed a few things:

In Movies:

- "Credits" seems to be hiding half-way under "Director:
- "Runtime" seems to be broken. All mine are blank, without even having a field for it.
- The filter list text boxes seem to extend under the divider bar on the right side of the titles list, rather than stopping a few pixels before it (Like they do on the left side)
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm

toekneebullard wrote:
Noticed a few things:

In Movies:

- "Credits" seems to be hiding half-way under "Director:
- "Runtime" seems to be broken. All mine are blank, without even having a field for it.
- The filter list text boxes seem to extend under the divider bar on the right side of the titles list, rather than stopping a few pixels before it (Like they do on the left side)

Some of the controls got messed up for some reason on the last build, the runtime has just moved behind the outline.

I've sorted them out and Locked them in place this time and will upload a new build in the next couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
hanson

PostSubject: batch rescrapping movies problem   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:36 pm

I cannot tell what movies it is causing the problem with
there is no text saying scrapping xyz movie now. just a number
does the number relate to the sort order?
scrapping 238 now and decreases untill 0 what does this mean?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:17 pm

hanson wrote:
I cannot tell what movies it is causing the problem with
there is no text saying scrapping xyz movie now. just a number
does the number relate to the sort order?
scrapping 238 now and decreases untill 0 what does this mean?

238 movies left to scrape,

The information about which movies are causing the error should be in the log, it pops up when the scraper has finished if it is enabled in the preferences.
Back to top Go down
hanson

PostSubject: error during batch rescrape   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:04 am

i am currently tring to reproduce the error with log

but while i wass looking at all the rescraped movies i noticced that
in the list window with title year/ date added /invert selection selected
I have 25 movies with ".nfo 0000" after the title and all are at the top of the list
now and were not before.

and this in the plot window of "the cycle (2008)"

The 'role' start tag on line 23 does not match the end tag of 'td'. Line 23, position 27.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.loadfullmovienfo(String path)

line and position number are not always the same for each movie

any ways still tring to find how to get this log file to work. I cant find where to enable.

hanson
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 pm

hanson wrote:

The 'role' start tag on line 23 does not match the end tag of 'td'. Line 23, position 27.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.loadfullmovienfo(String path)

line and position number are not always the same for each movie

any ways still tring to find how to get this log file to work. I cant find where to enable.

hanson

This is an xml error, either goto "change movie" find the correct one and scrape, or delete the nfo file associated with that movie and delete it, then rescrape.

Prior to 3.xxx media companion had a problem dealing with xml files, nfo files created by gen2 3.xxx should not have this issue.
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:39 am

You’re able to go with Windsor to experience all the colorful 2010 prom wedding gowns present and additionally help you become check fabulous! (More Beautiful) Pinkish Prom wedding gowns really are frequently a well liked by means of children. You should most certainly discover options located at Windsor to earn you will all the belle for the pitch into your prom dress for under $200.
Providing a diverse selection of 2011 prom dresses along with our affordable 2011 prom dresses under $200. Our Muslim Wedding Dresses online store features cheap Muslim Wedding Dresses, discounted islamic wedding dresse. Shop Prom Girl for sweet 16 dresses, sweet sixteen dresses, sweet sixteen Cheap Party Dresses, and dresses for sweet 16.
Advanced superior quality and additionally discriminating creations really are the things Windsor Model has. Featuring a fabulous several options of 2010 prom wedding gowns using this low-priced 2010 prom dresses under $200. it's always most of the feeling which usually most of the individuals figure out what they are simply you will discover the moment the software choose prom 2010 and additionally prom afternoon. Windsor offers public figure stirred 2010 prom wedding gowns during a petite percentage for the fee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.139
Page 1 of 1