Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148

Go down 
+5
StormyKnight
guybrush123
TheDogg
paalfe
billyad2000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 am

Just a small update on 3.143

New feature for Movies, support for <sortorder> tags.

The field is below the Movie title, by default it is the same as the title, but xbmc will list movies alphabetically according to what is in this tag.

You can view this order using the new "Sort Order" Radio Button.

Download Version 3.148

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:59 am

"Rebuild shows" works now.
Nice work! cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Glad you got it working.
if you check out the thread at XBMC forums I spent a couple of hours working with RockDawg who I thought had the same issue as yourself. One of the things I had changed was that the paths sent for parsing were lower case, this must have what was causing your problem.
Just a shame it did not fix it for him Sad
Back to top Go down
TheDogg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:42 pm

When we re-scrape an episode, should the thumbnail be automatically downloaded if it was missing the 1st time we scraped it?

currently I'm trying to re-scrape episodes with missing thumbnails but the *.tbn is not downloaded and it is present on thetvdb.com
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 am

TheDogg wrote:
When we re-scrape an episode, should the thumbnail be automatically downloaded if it was missing the 1st time we scraped it?

currently I'm trying to re-scrape episodes with missing thumbnails but the *.tbn is not downloaded and it is present on thetvdb.com

This feature will be added seperately, I'm not sure exactly it will work yet, I need to have a think about it. Part of the usefulness of MC is that people can customise their nfo files, it would not be a good idea to force people to overwrite their nfo's just to add a screenshot.
Back to top Go down
guybrush123

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 am

Minor bug: This latest version introduced horizontal and vertical scrolling, which makes navigation a nightmare. My screen resolution is 1280 X 720. I think forcing the controls to re-size, or otherwise to choose which controls appear the main screen, and where they appear may be a solution to make sure that no horizontal and vertical scrolling is needed.

Also, when I click on "Change Movie" I first get an IE browser screen with "Action Canceled", then the current movie IMDB page shows up. Firefox is my default browser. Not sure if that is why...
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm running 1280x1024 which is fine, I'm guessing 1280x720 is a 16:9 ratio screen....

Also I have noticed the 'Navigation Cancelled' message, not sure if anything can be done to fix it though. I also have Firefox as my default if that makes any difference.

The other thing with the internal web page is that if you browse back to the movie list then back to the browser page, even though the same TV show is still selected it has to reload the page. This is more of an issue if on the first time on the web view you navigated perhaps down to a TV show episode & wanted to then compare some info with what MC has in the "Main Browser" tab. On return to the web view, the TVShow is reloaded back at the root.

The way I see it is if the same TVshow is still selected then it shouldn't refresh anything on the web view if thats possible....
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:23 pm

guybrush123 wrote:
Minor bug: This latest version introduced horizontal and vertical scrolling, which makes navigation a nightmare. My screen resolution is 1280 X 720. I think forcing the controls to re-size, or otherwise to choose which controls appear the main screen, and where they appear may be a solution to make sure that no horizontal and vertical scrolling is needed.

Also, when I click on "Change Movie" I first get an IE browser screen with "Action Canceled", then the current movie IMDB page shows up. Firefox is my default browser. Not sure if that is why...

I'll spend today concentrating on the GUI, the scrollbars were added so that people using lo-res displays could still use the program. They will likely remain, but only in the tab control (So that the menu and tabs always remain visible) and I will try to make the minimum size of the form smaller so that they are only neccesary on really low resolutions. As things stand, it looks like the minimum resolution for the main form without scrollbars will be 1014x636
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:42 pm

StormyKnight wrote:
I'm running 1280x1024 which is fine, I'm guessing 1280x720 is a 16:9 ratio screen....

Also I have noticed the 'Navigation Cancelled' message, not sure if anything can be done to fix it though. I also have Firefox as my default if that makes any difference.

The other thing with the internal web page is that if you browse back to the movie list then back to the browser page, even though the same TV show is still selected it has to reload the page. This is more of an issue if on the first time on the web view you navigated perhaps down to a TV show episode & wanted to then compare some info with what MC has in the "Main Browser" tab. On return to the web view, the TVShow is reloaded back at the root.

The way I see it is if the same TVshow is still selected then it shouldn't refresh anything on the web view if thats possible....

That is a bug, MC checks the show url against the url of the webbrowser and if it is the same then it does not reload, when the main tvdb page is browsed away from then this url is different and the main show page is reloaded. I've just fixed this so that it only checks for the series ID within the url, if this has not changed then the page is not reloaded.

This only works when using the built in browser. If you are using your external browser then it will reload in either another page or tab. Maybe in the future I will look to see if I can find a way to Identify pages that are open in IE and firefox, but it would require a fair bit of work and is low priority.

The cancelled message you get is the internal browser clearing its cache. I added it because the browser control is in effect a seperate thread and if there is a problem loading a page then it will just sit their until it either loads or times out. When another movie is selected then browsed this is added to the browser thread which may still be trying to open a previously requested page.
Back to top Go down
TheDogg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:52 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
This feature will be added seperately, I'm not sure exactly it will work yet, I need to have a think about it. Part of the usefulness of MC is that people can customise their nfo files, it would not be a good idea to force people to overwrite their nfo's just to add a screenshot.

I completely agree, I customize the NFOs myself (using a media tag to show if subtitles are present for that episode with a combination of a modified texture.xpr for XBMC to display a Subtitle logo instead of a media tag) and I would hate to have to re-modify the nfo everytime I search for new thumbs.

thanks for the reply, I will patiently wait for that feature to be done.

Keep up the good work, MC is the best by far!

The_Dogg
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 am

billyad2000 wrote:

The field is below the Movie title, by default it is the same as the title, but xbmc will list movies alphabetically according to what is in this tag.

Will this change to reflect changes made to the title?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 am

esra wrote:
billyad2000 wrote:

Will this change to reflect changes made to the title?

No, for the simple reason that the sortorder will be different from the title on occasions.

From the next build I am adding a button that allows the title to be copied into the sortorder field.
Back to top Go down
esra

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:44 am

OK, better go through my most recent movies and check that the sort and title match

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 am

Small problem:

In the Movies/Main Browser Window the filter search does not work with the sort order radio button selected selected.
and dont no if its a problem or the way it is spose to work but you have to rebuild movies before the sort order will display any changes correctly.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 pm

paybac wrote:
Small problem:

In the Movies/Main Browser Window the filter search does not work with the sort order radio button selected selected.
and dont no if its a problem or the way it is spose to work but you have to rebuild movies before the sort order will display any changes correctly.

The sort tag was not in the moviecache.xml of earlier versions. It is added during the first rebuild after using the current build.

You should not need to rebuild again in order to use the feature properly. If this is not the case, let me know.
Back to top Go down
guybrush123

PostSubject: Runtime   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or I haven't figured out the settings: if I scrape a movie that is composed of two files (e.g., CD1 and CD2), then the Runtime for the movie becomes the duration of the first file. I recall in the forums that someone requested that the run-time reflect the actual version of the file a person has, as opposed to having it be scraped from IMDB, and I guess you implemented this feature. However, as you can see, it is just picking up the runtime of the first file. Would it be possible to have it add the the runtime of every file that make up a single movie? I have various movies in 2, 3 or even 4 files.

Also, feature request, is it possible to introduce a button to re-order movies by runtime, espcially now that the runtime is just an integer as a opposed to a text field?

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:55 pm

guybrush123 wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug or I haven't figured out the settings: if I scrape a movie that is composed of two files (e.g., CD1 and CD2), then the Runtime for the movie becomes the duration of the first file. I recall in the forums that someone requested that the run-time reflect the actual version of the file a person has, as opposed to having it be scraped from IMDB, and I guess you implemented this feature. However, as you can see, it is just picking up the runtime of the first file. Would it be possible to have it add the the runtime of every file that make up a single movie? I have various movies in 2, 3 or even 4 files.

Also, feature request, is it possible to introduce a button to re-order movies by runtime, espcially now that the runtime is just an integer as a opposed to a text field?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

This is not a bug since the program is doing exactly what it is written to do, I would call it a request for a feature enhancement.

The problem is that MC actually only keeps track of the nfo, and in some situations this causes difficulties.
Movietitle.nfo
movietitle.avi is easy

Movietitle cd1.nfo
Movietitle cd1.avi is also straight forward, cd1 is supported by mc and it can look for Movietitle cd2.avi, Movietitle cd3.avi etc

movietitle.nfo
movietitle cd1.avi - not so easy, at the moment MC cannot find this media file.

movie.nfo
Movietitle cd1.avi - not so easy, at the moment MC cannot find this media file.

I do have some ideas to remove this limitation, but this will come in the future.

As for the sortorder for runtime, I have considered it for myself, on occasion I may only have time for a short movie and it would be nice to see immediately what movies are available. The biggest issue is real estate on the GUI, it is becoming a bit crowded.
Back to top Go down
guybrush123

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:38 pm

billyad2000 wrote:

This is not a bug since the program is doing exactly what it is written to do, I would call it a request for a feature enhancement.

The problem is that MC actually only keeps track of the nfo, and in some situations this causes difficulties.
Movietitle.nfo
movietitle.avi is easy

Movietitle cd1.nfo
Movietitle cd1.avi is also straight forward, cd1 is supported by mc and it can look for Movietitle cd2.avi, Movietitle cd3.avi etc

movietitle.nfo
movietitle cd1.avi - not so easy, at the moment MC cannot find this media file.

movie.nfo
Movietitle cd1.avi - not so easy, at the moment MC cannot find this media file.

Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure that MC is behaving this way with me. Here is what is happening:

I have a folder called "MovieTitle" and within it 3 files named "MovieTitle_CD1.avi". "MovieTitle_CD2.avi", and "MovieTitle_CD3". There are no existing nfo files within the MovieTitle folder. If I use MC to search for new movies, the folder "MovieTitle" will be picked up, scraped, and a new nfo file is created with the name "MovieTitle_CD1.nfo" and placed in that same folder. The runtime in that nfo is the run time of the file titled "MovieTitle_CD1.avi".This happens with every multiple file movie. I never have a multiple file movie that produces multiple nfo files or an nfo file with the name "MovieTitle.nfo" or "Movie.nfo".

So, either I do not understand your example above about "Movietitle cd1.nfo
" since this is exactly what is not working for me, or I have something wrong with my setup.

--

I hear your point on the GUI. I will take a screen grab of my setup (after the scrolling issue is fixed) and play around with the GUI to give you some suggestions...
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 pm

guybrush123 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure that MC is behaving this way with me. Here is what is happening:

I have a folder called "MovieTitle" and within it 3 files named "MovieTitle_CD1.avi". "MovieTitle_CD2.avi", and "MovieTitle_CD3". There are no existing nfo files within the MovieTitle folder. If I use MC to search for new movies, the folder "MovieTitle" will be picked up, scraped, and a new nfo file is created with the name "MovieTitle_CD1.nfo" and placed in that same folder. The runtime in that nfo is the run time of the file titled "MovieTitle_CD1.avi".This happens with every multiple file movie. I never have a multiple file movie that produces multiple nfo files or an nfo file with the name "MovieTitle.nfo" or "Movie.nfo".

So, either I do not understand your example above about "Movietitle cd1.nfo
" since this is exactly what is not working for me, or I have something wrong with my setup.

--

I hear your point on the GUI. I will take a screen grab of my setup (after the scrolling issue is fixed) and play around with the GUI to give you some suggestions...

You misunderstand me, at the moment, MC in all cases only uses the first media part for the runtime.

It will be possible to ammend this so that the runtime of multi-part movies are added together, but only in some instances.
Back to top Go down
guybrush123

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 pm

billyad2000 wrote:

You misunderstand me, at the moment, MC in all cases only uses the first media part for the runtime.

It will be possible to ammend this so that the runtime of multi-part movies are added together, but only in some instances.

Oh, ok. Then, may I suggest that the program use the IMDB value for runtime for folders that contain mutliple media files, until MC is programmed to add the values of all files.
Back to top Go down
alpha_125
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 pm

is this new "runtime" feature activable/deactivable?
For my own use, this new features is a disaster...cause: my file are all 10 seconds...all the same, only change is the title...i use "fake avi files" that have the same title of the real file stored in dvd...the imdb runtime is very important in this case.
Please make this feature switchable.

ok, no problem...using batch rescraper wizard for the runtime everything work Very Happy
Please, if this "solution" is an unwanted bug...don't fix it
lol!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 pm

alpha_125 wrote:
is this new "runtime" feature activable/deactivable?
For my own use, this new features is a disaster...cause: my file are all 10 seconds...all the same, only change is the title...i use "fake avi files" that have the same title of the real file stored in dvd...the imdb runtime is very important in this case.
Please make this feature switchable.

ok, no problem...using batch rescraper wizard for the runtime everything work Very Happy
Please, if this "solution" is an unwanted bug...don't fix it
lol!

You are actually dead right, the batch scraper has not been updated to take into account the actual runtime of the file. I will have to fix that, but I will add an option to force the runtime to be fetched from IMDB when scraping.
Back to top Go down
geant90
New User
New User

PostSubject: Windows 7 scraping   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 pm

i've search the forums and with every version of media and i also tried this, and attempted to install net 3.5 but it comes with it and i enabled. when i scrape i have to go change the movie manually and it gives me a message box. Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you clock continue blah blah

it says The 'P' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'genre' Line 8 position 13

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'p' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'genre'. Line 8, position 13.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at Media_Companion.Form2.Button14_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:36 am

@ gent. imdb changed it's layout so billy had to update scraper. update to 3.154 as this includes the updated scraper

https://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/new-release-media-companion-gen2-3154-t747.htm

Cheers
Paybac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.148
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Announcements-
Jump to: