Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkC

Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Empty
PostSubject: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi,

Please could you add an option to always copy the <title> field to the <sortorder> field if you edit/save or quick save. I have already found myself forgetting to copy it over manually and this field does not update if you edit the movie as well as it stays as the original IMDB title which is, if applicable, prefixed with "The" something which I doubt anybody would want to sort their movies on.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:42 am

I don't think that this would be a good idea, the idea is that the sortorder title can be different from the actual title.

eg. for the Die Hard movies I have
Title.........................................Sort Order
Die Hard....................................Die Hard 1
Die Hard 2.................................Die Hard 2
Die Hard: With a Vengeance.....Die Hard 3
Live Free or Die Hard.................Die Hard 4

This groups the 4 movies together.

If I was to do as you say then if someone wanted to edit one of these then the sortorder would become the same as the title when saved destroying the purpose.

What I will do is add a button that on click copies the title to the sortorder.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 am

Yep thats a good idea Billy, um, is there a way at the moment to edit this tag via MC or do we have to do it manually....
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks,

I was not asking for it to ba a permanant option but to have the option to copy from one to the other. A button on that page would do the trick nicely.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Yep thats a good idea Billy, um, is there a way at the moment to edit this tag via MC or do we have to do it manually....

Just type the sort name in the new sort textbox and save it. It was added in the last build 3.148.

I know it doesn't look very elegant at the moment, the implementation on the GUI will likely change.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save   Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Option to always have <sortorder> populated with <title> on Save
Page 1 of 1