At StormyKnight's request i'm posting the script I wrote to help organise shows.
What this program does:
Lets say you download your shows to a downloads directory (current directory), and you have your organised tv shows in various places (maybe multiple drives etc). This program is designed to automate you moving the show from the download directory into the correct season directory of the tv show.
It requires that your tv shows are organised something like this:
basedirectory\Two and a Half Men\Season 1
The reason for this is thats the way I organise my shows.
You will most likely need a knowledge of java pattern matching syntax (regular expressions) to be able to modify the patterns.xml.
I won't currently uncompress shows, or look for shows in subdirectories of your downloads folder. I have found that using TED still picks up torrents that are not really the show. So before i run the script to file everything away, I manually uncompress the files and check the episode is not one of those fake episodes. Then I run media companion to check for new shows - downloading the new info.
Ok how to use it:
1. download it, and move the .jar, .bat, and two .xml files into your download directory.
2. edit the settings.xml file to contain the base directories under which all of your shows are contained.
3. edit patterns.xml to match the directory names ( a guide can be found here: java pattern guide
4. edit patterns as you encounter new shows that don't get moved or get new shows.
I've included the java source in the zip file, so if there are any problems with my code (i'm expecting a lot, as i really didn't wanna spend very much time on this)
Features that might be implemented in the future, depending on how much time I have and how lazy i get:
1. have the script automatically run media companion to update tv shows minimised ie: "Basic command line option "sq" has been added to version 3.031 - see announcements."
2. automatically unzip / unrar files in directories in the downloads directory (this could be dangerous though as my downloads directory is not regularly cleaned out of non tv stuff.
3. somehow determine if files are fake or not.
basically my dream is this:
xbmc running in the foreground
ted running in the background scraping RSS to torrents
utorrent (with webui) running to d/l shows
the ability to invoke the tvshow mover remotely or even better get utorrent to run the script to uncompress etc.
and mediacompanion running in the background automatically scraping info for the tv shows.
oh and maybe a little bit of home automation built in there too
(I work in home automation currently)
So that the process is 100% human intervention free
Linkies to DOWNLOAD