Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Printout request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Billy Bunter
Media Companion Supporter

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Billy, I not sure if this has been discussed previously, but I would love to have a function to print out a list of Films and TV shows. I know there is a HTML output for films with hyperlinks, but just a simple ‘coffee table’ printout would be very useful. As the weeks go on, the collection grows and grows! and keeping track is getting harder – I’m sure I’m not the only one :-)

I used to use DVD profiler, and that was able to print out customisable ‘reports’ that were handy.

http://www.invelos.com/

Keep up the good work! cheers

BB
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:42 am

I think that with the recent release of V3.168 with its new html output this may indeed be possible.

Printout request Getopenresource

If anything you may have set us a challenge Shocked ......as something similar to this page layout looks good & would be very handy for the coffee table .......
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 am

Whilst that is very nice, i dont think i could justify printing 130+ pages Smile Especially with that much info on them, XBMC is my browser and thats were i keep track of my movies using the watched/Unwatched toggle.

And if you were after something really simple try using the command prompt to create a .txt file of your movie/tv show folders.
I have used this in the past to figure out what movies XBMC is missing.

Cheers
Paybac
Back to top Go down
Billy Bunter

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 am

That’s not a bad idea paybac. I’ll give that a try Smile I’m guessing there would be a way of listing ‘recently added’ as opposed to alphabetically? I’m a bit rusty with me ole’ dos lingo Embarassed I’m forever being asked what my most recent films are, so that would be of most help to me. That screenshot looks ace Stormy, I suspect it would be overkill for large collections tho' Twisted Evil

BB
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:52 am

Luckily, colour printing is part of my business, so perhaps that component didn't concern me, but still I like a challenge & I think this would be one! For a start, creating a html page that will print as you want in terms of page layout especially with multiple pages may be an issue too since everyones printer will have different margins....

But I take your point, I have 300 odd movies now I've added my DVD's so that would be 50 double-sided pages..... affraid Perhaps a little big to printout & then have to repeat with new additions.....

A smaller version with more per page I think would be better in hindsight for general use.

The other thing that may be of use to some is printing the page to pdf to allow offline viewing or emailing to friends/family.
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:24 am

I think this is the command for Creating a .txt file of your movies in date order

Navigate to your movie collection in MSDOS and type

dir/b/od > movielist.txt

movielist being the name of the .txt file you create

You can also add /s if you want it to include sub-directories

Paybac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Printout request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printout request   Printout request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Printout request
Page 1 of 1