Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Log File Media Companion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Log File Media Companion   Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi Billy I am using the new build 3.168 deleted media Companion on c drive and started with a fresh new copy. When I click on scan for new movies I get this lot file this happened after I did a clean install of winxp pro. Here is the log


Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2008-09-22
Location : Ontario, Cananda

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Quote: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb

Billy could answer this for sure - but it looks as though it can't find imdb.dll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnthonyB
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 122
Join date : 2008-11-08
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 am

Wizerd wrote:
Quote: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb

Billy could answer this for sure - but it looks as though it can't find imdb.dll.

Certainly sounds like it.

@Scottshaw - re-extract the files into your MC directory and make sure you can see imdb.dll in the same folder you have Media Companion.exe running from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Yes, MC cant find the "imdb.dll" file. download the archive again and extract all the contents to your media companion folder.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: log file   Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Billy I have downloaded imdb.dll fromNov.19th/09 post and extracted into Media Companion folder and I still get the same log.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Just download version 3.168 and don't bother with the 2 update files from 19 Nov. I think billy made further changes to the imdb.dll before releasing 3.168.

Let us know how you get on.

Paybac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:12 pm

paybac wrote:
Just download version 3.168 and don't bother with the 2 update files from 19 Nov. I think billy made further changes to the imdb.dll before releasing 3.168.

Let us know how you get on.

Paybac

Thats correct, 3.168 had a fixed imdb.dll, didn't upload it seperately since 3.168 was released at the same time.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Log file   Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:01 am

Hey Billy I done a clean install of Media Companion 3.168 . When I open MC I get a box on the screen saying Media Companion
Unhandled exception has accurred in your application Details Continue Quit and I click continue and then scan for new movies .
here is my log file

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:03 am

When you first installed 3.168 did you delete the moviecache.xml. The last build added some tags which are essential, deleting the moviecache.xml forces MC to rebuild the db on startup.

Thats the only other thing I can think of.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: log file   Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 am

Hey Billy I deleted the moviecache.xml and still nothing same log file when I scan for new movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Not got the faintest idea what the issue is,

Have you got the latest .NET framework installed? Or at least .NET 3.5.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: log file   Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Good morning Billy Media Companion was working great build 3.154 . On Nov. I had to format the harddrive and start a clean install. all the winxp updates were installed plus 3.5.net. and installed media companion and i have been getting this log file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Does 3.154 still work for you?

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
dbareis
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:04 am

scottshaw wrote:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Just saying what I'd do, I search all hard drives you have attached for IMDB.DLL and check their versions etc.


[quote="scottshaw"]WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Have you tried the above?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dennisbareis.com
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP


Posts : 556
Join date : 2008-10-08
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 am

I can confirm if I rename imdb.dll I get this same error. It doesn't happen on startup, but when I try to rescrape a movie.

What path do you have MC in? Is your XP SP3?

Do you access to another PC, have you tried it there?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbareis
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am

StormyKnight wrote:
I can confirm if I rename imdb.dll I get this same error. It doesn't happen on startup, but when I try to rescrape a movie.

Same symptom doesn't neccesarily mean same issue but that is likely. Either way the SysInternals tool "Process Monitor" would help show where the problem is and where the OS/MC is looking.

"imdb.dll" should be in the same dir as "Media Companion.exe", I just did a quick check and the current directory when MC starts appears to be irrelevant but I'd make sure the "start in" dir was the MC install directory.

Other people seem to be using different versions of "imdb.dll", I assume these don't come from IMDB so with such a generic filename windows/MC could perhaps be locating a dll of the same name built for another tool/purpose (and perhaps copied to the windows dir tree - the reason why I don't ever do this unless absolutely required). Also check one in MC install looks like:




If Billy builds the dll then perhaps a better name would be "mc_imdb.dll" etc... Much less likely to have a name clash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dennisbareis.com
AnthonyB
Senior Member
Senior Member


Posts : 122
Join date : 2008-11-08
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:01 am

As has been suggested above, search your hard drive for other copies of imdb.dll, especially any that have made it into your %windir%, %windir%\system, %windir%\system32 directories.

Maybe also open a command prompt in you folder that you have MC in, run dir /s>mcdir.txt and post the result here so we can see exactly what you have in the directory and the file sizes.

Maybe try creating another MC folder on your desktop, extract the 3.168 folder contents into it, and try again.

You said you had to reformat your hard drive? Why? Malware? bad sectors? Possibly imdb.dll is sitting on a bad sector and can't load. Go into My Computer, open the properties for your hard drive, then Tools, then run Error checking and turn on options to "Automatically Fix.." and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

Scottshaw - may you could be a little more forth coming with information as we're all shooting basic Windows troubleshooting ideas around based on very little information. even if you don't think something is relevant/important, put it out there as to date all your responses have been one line responses to questions! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: log file   Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:56 am

Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3
and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .
I ran MC for the first time and I get the same log file as before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbareis
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 am

scottshaw wrote:
Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3
and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .
I ran MC for the first time and I get the same log file as before

This is obviously a rare problem this makes it likely that it is because of something you are doing, perhaps the EXACT path your are installing into. So you created a directory called "c:\programs" and installed MC directly into the root of that? As mentioned by someone else the more DETAILED info the better (hence my "Process Monitor" suggestion etc).

As also mentioned just running MC doesn't generate the issue for them you have to scrape, so if just running it does it for you its getting weirder...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dennisbareis.com
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 am

scottshaw wrote:
Hi Billy I am using the new build 3.168 deleted media Companion on c drive and started with a fresh new copy. When I click on scan for new movies I get this lot file this happened after I did a clean install of winxp pro. Here is the log


Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

scottshaw wrote:
Hi Billy I have downloaded imdb.dll fromNov.19th/09 post and extracted into Media Companion folder and I still get the same log.

scottshaw wrote:
Hey Billy I done a clean install of Media Companion 3.168 . When I open MC I get a box on the screen saying Media Companion
Unhandled exception has accurred in your application Details Continue Quit and I click continue and then scan for new movies .
here is my log file

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

scottshaw wrote:
Hey Billy I deleted the moviecache.xml and still nothing same log file when I scan for new movies.

scottshaw wrote:
Good morning Billy Media Companion was working great build 3.154 . On Nov. I had to format the harddrive and start a clean install. all the winxp updates were installed plus 3.5.net. and installed media companion and i have been getting this log file.

scottshaw wrote:
Hey StormyKnight thanks for the reply. Here it is 10:30pm Friday night just formated the harddrive and installed winxp with SP3 and Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 with all the updates. Installed Media Companion 3.168 in c:\programs .
I ran MC for the first time and I get the same log file as before

Hi ScottShaw, Perhaps you should go back through this thread and re-read the posts in it and answer some of the questions or try some of the options people have put in front of you. Then we mite be able to start narrowing your problem down. Because obviously formating your harddrive and updating is not working for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottshaw
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Media Conpanion   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Hey Guy's thanks for all your help Media Companion 3.168 is up and running great. Made a new folder on the desktop and renamed it mc and it worked .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Log File Media Companion   

Back to top Go down
 
Log File Media Companion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sample UI Element file for google site.
» user-extensions.js file is needed
» Anybody any idea abt how to select upload file in webdriver
» Trusted File Seller Badge (TFSB)
» Create Batch file for Selenium

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: