Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hateeecs
New User
New User

MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Empty
PostSubject: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 am

Just attempted to start using MC. This program shows alot of promise and the scraping is impressive. However, I think the file management has a ton of issues. I crash all the time. I can get a few folders to work out of my collection but only by trial and error. Here is an example of one that breaks

Y:\media\movies\3.10.to.Yuma.2007.1080p.Bluray.x264.Codres

The files contained w/in

3.10.to.Yuma.2007.1080p.Bluray.x264.Codres.EN.srt
3.10.to.Yuma.2007.1080p.Bluray.x264.Codres.mkv
3.10.to.Yuma.2007.1080p.Bluray.x264.Codres.srt

Of course the exception stack trace is completely worthless since I don't know what the values of any of these variables are:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: There are no more files.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern)
at Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at Media_Companion.Form1.nfos_to_array()
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.preferences()
at Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 am

hateeecs wrote:
Just attempted to start using MC. This program shows alot of promise and the scraping is impressive. However, I think the file management has a ton of issues. I crash all the time. I can get a few folders to work out of my collection but only by trial and error. Here is an example of one that break

Try turning off the cache or rebuild movies option, there are bugs in the cache management
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 am

As an FYI!

If you are using a ReadyNas with a recent firmware build, there is an issue that has been re-created in their labs but I do not beleive it is listed on their forums as I PM`d the devs directly.

Anyway, under Shares/CIFS uncheck the "Enable Oplocks" options for your shares, this should solve the issue until Netgear find a fix.

EDIT: You must reboot your NAS after doing this for it to work.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 am

Quote :
Opportunistic locking (oplocks) can enhance CIFS performance by allowing files residing on this ReadyNAS to be cached locally on the Windows client, eliminating network latency when files are repeatedly accessed.

MarkC, I have a Netgear Duo, but I don't think I'm experiencing any issues.....oplocks enabled....
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:25 am

StormyKnight wrote:
Quote :
Opportunistic locking (oplocks) can enhance CIFS performance by allowing files residing on this ReadyNAS to be cached locally on the Windows client, eliminating network latency when files are repeatedly accessed.

MarkC, I have a Netgear Duo, but I don't think I'm experiencing any issues.....oplocks enabled....

Sorry, I should have been more specific.... The problem definately exists on a ReadyNas Pro with the 4.2.8 firmware (may also be there with 4.2.7) it also depends on the size of your library, the issue occurs when MC hits 1044 files so if your library is not that large you may not experience the issue.

Also looks like the Duo runs on a different platform as the firmware is different, this issue may only effect the Pro/NVX/2100/3200.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Yes Duo users at currently limited to 4.2.6...... Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:36 am

dbareis wrote:
hateeecs wrote:
Just attempted to start using MC. This program shows alot of promise and the scraping is impressive. However, I think the file management has a ton of issues. I crash all the time. I can get a few folders to work out of my collection but only by trial and error. Here is an example of one that break

Try turning off the cache or rebuild movies option, there are bugs in the cache management

With the possible exception of the actor cache, they should all be working 100% now, I've had no reports of any issues relating to them and I really do reccomend that people leave them enabled. The only errors that should be encountered is when something is changed outside of MC (eg files deleted) that will not be reflected in the cache, this was the purpose of the rebuild option
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files   MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC 3.1.75: Constant problems reading folders/files
Page 1 of 1