Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.182 cached posters problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlatro

3.182 cached posters problem Empty
PostSubject: 3.182 cached posters problem   3.182 cached posters problem Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:47 am

When resuming "Scan for new movies", it lists all movies properly, but until they're rescanned the poster and/or fanart for all movies is the same. For example, I had to stop scanning on "Startrek (2009)". When I came back later, all movies showed the Startrek fanart and poster in the preview window, though all of the names and details are correct for each specific movie. The tbn and fanart files residing in the directory are correct, but the info window in MC simply doesn't load them. Dumping the cache has had no effect. I tried to recreate the problem, scanning the movies and stopping this time on ZombieLand (2009). When I reload MC, all movies now have the Zombieland artwork, except for the ZombieLand entry, which still displays the incorrect Startrek artwork. Once a movie is rescraped, it displays all info correctly, but with over 2000 movies, rescraping takes hours. Anyone else have this happen? please advise.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

3.182 cached posters problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.182 cached posters problem   3.182 cached posters problem Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am

This is not related to the postercache, the postercache is purely for purposes of the wall and HTML output, If the correct posters are being downloaded then the wall view should be fine.

The loading of posters and fanart is done on the fly when a movie is selected, it searches for posters in the following order.
eg
moviename - cd1.avi
MC looks for
moviename - cd1.tbn
then
moviename.tbn
then
movie.tbn
then
folder.jpg

I am not sure what is messing this up, have you tried using the rebuild movies option from the drop down menu, this resets the DB.

Could you also let me know, are there multiple movies in a directory, or is each movie in its own folder?

What options are selected with regards to:
Use Folder Names
Save files as "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn", & "fanart.jpg"
Use unstacked filename method for poster filenames
Use unstacked filename method for fanart filenames

could you also give me an example of some of your paths, and filenames, Startrek and Zombieland would be good.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

3.182 cached posters problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Bug Discussion-
Jump to: