Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV oddities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
otheronenorehto
New User
New User

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm

First, thank you for the great software! You made indexing my movie library so easy.

I have been working on my TV show library and noticed something weird. Sometimes I will get inconsistent results from scraping episodes. This is usually due to naming conventions which I then go through and change. Lately though, I ran into a TV show where MC recognizes some seasons but not others. They all have the same naming convention. Is this a TVDB issue? The show is southpark and all the info seems fine on TVDB when I go and look.

Something else I noticed while trying various methods to try and get the elusive seasons to be scraped. I had scanned about 5 TV shows before Southpark and they all came up fine in the left hand navigation pane and could be expanded and collapsed. I removed the southpark NFOs manually from thier directories and then in preferences removed the root folder. When I readded the root folder shows can no longer be expanded or collapsed. When I try and rescan for new episodes in these shows it recognizes all the episodes but will not display them. It seems silly that I should have to go through and remove the NFOs and then rescan just to be able to view the episodes. Is there a way around this that I just have not figured out?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
otheronenorehto
New User
New User

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:00 pm

I should add that it is only shows with existing NFOs that will not display. When I rescan southpark(after removing the NFOs) it creates sub directories just fine (well except for the earlier seasons which for some reason I have not figured out yet doe not show up at all).
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:54 pm

The shows not been listed should be fixed by the "Rebuild Shows" option in the drop down TV menu.

I'm not sure why they are not being scraped, what does the log say?

The usual culprit is the "sortorder" set to DVD when it should be set to default.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
otheronenorehto
New User
New User

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I did try using the rebuild shows option, without any luck. I should say that I am using MC on a mac os x 10.5.8 running parallels, everything has worked fine so far. I am also using MC on windows XP accessing the media folder as an SMB share. I've noticed that MC does actually scrape the episodes and the log says that MC can not locate the episode on TVDB. That says naming convention problem to me. The only odd thing is that seasons 10-13 scrape fine using the exact same naming convention. I have also tried out a couple of different naming conventions on episodes in the elusive seasons.

I guess I just have to figure out exactly how the seasons and episodes are listed on TVDB or figure it out by trial and error.

On a side note. I will try the rebuild shows again on both xp and os x(parallels). Thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:52 am

It definately sounds like the sortorder is wrong.

To be honest, 99% of everything will work correctly with the sortorder set to default. DVD order is only needed when you have the episodes in DVD order and it differs from the aired order, and this does not happen all that often.

The sortorder can be changed for each individual show by toggling the "Sort Order" button located below the actor picture when viewing the main TV Show information.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

TV oddities Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV oddities   TV oddities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV oddities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Bug Discussion-
Jump to: