Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dirkr
New User
New User
dirkr

MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies Empty
PostSubject: MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies   MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm

When I use the "search for new movies" function MC hangs and can only be shut down with the task manager. When I restart I can see that the majority of the movies seem to have been scraped OK. Next search will cause the hang again.

How can I identify the movie that's causing the problems?
I could not find a log - is there a way to set the log level?
The folder holds some *.iso files that have not been scraped - could they cause the problem?

Thanks,
Dirkr
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies   MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:51 pm

MC don't hang but it sometimes takes like forever to when you try to scan iso movies because it will try to get the media info tags.

You can try to unmarked the "Create HD media tags when scraping" under scrapers - movie scraper and hopefully it will go allot faster
Back to top Go down
khaoohs

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies   MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:23 pm

I was having the same problem with the scraper hanging for over 20 minutes on *.iso files. Unchecking the media tags option did correct this.

Possibly there needs to be a conditional where it doesn't create media tags for 'image' formats (.iso, .img, .mds, etc) or a time out value where it will move on to the next file if it can't make sense of the video format in a reasonable amount of time, say 60 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies   MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC 3.198 hangs during scraping movies
Page 1 of 1