Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
digirunt
New User
New User

Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations Empty
PostSubject: Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations   Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 am

Hi

This might have been covered before but I wasn't having much luck finding the answer.

I have several large TV show collections with different seasons on different drives but in a folder with the same name, XBMC see these as one show and only lists the show once with all seasons together however MC lists them seperately and each requires scraping seperately.

This means if say SHOW X has seasons 1 - 3 on drive 1 and I add season 4 to drive 2 and scrape that the show nfo is more up to date and doesn't match the show nfo scraped for the first 3 seasons.

Is there anyway to have one show spanning multiple locations and get MC to duplicate any show nfos accross all locations each time it updates them and only list the show once in its interface.

An example is as follows..

C:\TV SHOW X\TV SHOW X.S01E01
C:\TV SHOW X\TV SHOW X.S01E02
C:\TV SHOW X\TV SHOW X.S01E03

D:\TV SHOW X\TV SHOW X.S02E01

Z:\TV SHOW X\TV SHOW X.S03E01
etc...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations   Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

This would be possible, but you would a seperate tvshow.nfo file for each location.

It would be possible to combine these within MC, but i'm not sure that XBMC would be able to.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
digirunt
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations   Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

I currently have a show and all season nfos in each folder across the drives and xbmc seems to combine them fine. Not sure which nfo becomes default when they don't match tho, probably the first one it finds. That is why it would be nice to ensure they always matched and that any updates eg. New seasons were added to all the folders for that show.
I currently update each one separately by copying the nfo files manually to each folder and overwriting the old ones.

My TV shows folder in xbmc has ten different sources across ten different drives and as long as each TV show folder has the same name it just shows one show with multiple seasons.
It even works if the season nfo are spread across the different folders and not together.

It would be nice to mirror this behaviour in MC somehow.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations   Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single TV shows accross multiple drives / locations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: XBMC Media Companion Help And Useage-
Jump to: