Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Locked TV Shows?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire69

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 am

Hey,

I have something weird and I can't find anywhere what it means Neutral

Locked TV Shows? 33kdkic

What are those little locks? Question
I can't get MC to scrape those 2 shows. All my other shows have no problem at all!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 am

They show that a show is locked, and will not be automatically scraped by MC.

This feature was requested by users so that MC did not spend time searching completed shows for new episodes.

To unlock a show, toggle the "Status" button at the bottom right of the main TV Show page (Underneath the Actor Photo), toggles between Open/Locked.

When a show is locked you can still check for new episodes using the context menu (right mouse-click) on the treeview item and selecting "search this show for new episodes"
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Fire69

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 am

Ahah!
But does MC do this automatically then? I didn't do it, since I didn't know this feature? Laughing
And if MC does this, why did he lock Chuck, since the show is still running?
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 am

i think when you add a new show or when you change it with tv show selector it adds it looked.

Maby billy should take a look on this behavior.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 pm

This is one of the things I am looking at,

The whole method by which TV Shows are added is changing, within the next 4 weeks tv show scraping will be automated, although the disadvantage of this is the potential for wrongly scraped tv shows scraping potentially 100s of incorrect episodes.

The best way to avoid this in my view is for the shows to be added automatically "locked", or in this instance it will be "unconfirmed". When a user attempts to unlock these shows a dialogue will be offered asking if the user is happy that the correct show has been scraped before unlocking it.

Any show scraped or rescraped using the tv show selector will be automatically unlocked, since I assume that someone manually scraping a show would pick the correct one, especially given the banner displayed by the selector.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Fire69

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Seems like a good plan.

So you're saying that within 4 weeks, we can expect a version of MC that can scrape TV Shows through command line options? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked TV Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked TV Shows?   Locked TV Shows? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked TV Shows?
Page 1 of 1