Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ability to type path name PLEASE!

Go down 
+2
billyad2000
BLKMGK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BLKMGK

Ability to type path name PLEASE! Empty
PostSubject: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 am

I use UNC names for my paths. the browser control you're using is unable to find either of my NAS. However if I edit the config.xml file manually everything works fine. Just one problem - when I attempt to add TV Shows and add the root the 50 or so other folders under it are never parsed. Apparently your code does that itself and adding them myself to the config file is a no-go. If I could simply type in the UNC naming path instead of using the network browser I'd be able to get to my files and they could be parsed.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:20 am

The functionality for tv folders has been completely changed for the next build and is now complete.
The ability to enter a path manually has also been added.

Ability to type path name PLEASE! Folder10

A new build including this will be ready soon.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
The functionality for tv folders has been completely changed for the next build and is now complete.

Ability to type path name PLEASE! Folder10

Looking good Billy. I am eagerly awaiting the new app (as I am sure everyone else is).
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 am

Yes, I like the implementation of the Root folder feature, sounds very handy Smile
Back to top Go down
BLKMGK

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
<snip>

A huge thanks! this will allow me to actually USE the TV feature! cheers Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 am

YAY! This has also been an inconvenience for me for ages! Glad to see this dialog re-designed so I won't have to go diving into the config.xml anymore. Smile
Back to top Go down
buzzra

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:47 am

Hate to open an almost year old topic, but
Why make this change to TV shows and not movies?!?!?! It has the same problem. the network browser sucks! I need to be able to type in UNC paths for my movie folders.

buzz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ability to type path name PLEASE!   Ability to type path name PLEASE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ability to type path name PLEASE!
Page 1 of 1