Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Import/Export Watched Status

Go down 
+4
khaoohs
billyad2000
Jocke69
Rastan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rastan
New User
New User

Import/Export Watched Status Empty
PostSubject: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 am

I dont know if this is possible at all. But what would be great is if you could import or export the watched status directly into the XBMC database. I have a large library and would love to be able to tell MC to pull the watched status of all my movies and shows. I know MC can embed the watched status into the .nfo

Failing that another good feature would be to tell MC to refresh all changed contents of my library. Instead of me having to manually refresh each movie one by one.

Also I'm not sure if this is implemented already, but I would also love to have MC able to rescan all fanart as I have a mixture of resolutions as I used to set MC to fetch the lowest resolution because I was using my Xbox as my media centre at the time. Now I have moved to playing media from my Windows PC I would like to replace all fan art with maximum resolution jpegs. From what I gather I can use the batch rescrape wizard only to find missing fanart and it will ignore the ones with fanart.
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:10 pm

For some stupid reason XBMC have decided to get rid of the possibility to import watched status a while back Sad
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I think Rastan is talking about modifing the XBMC db file directly, which is possible.

The only problem is that the db file is not going to be available for everyone, a lot of people still use the XBox as their platform, and I believe it only has an FTP server.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
khaoohs

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:54 pm

There are applications out there do talk directly to the XBMC db, you can find them in this forum http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116. And there is a python script out there for syncing 'watched' status across xbmc instances, xbmcsync.py.
Back to top Go down
rausch101

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 am

This means it's not possible to transfer over the Watched check-marks in the Table view to XBMC?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 am

I have just tried this program @ work (i.e. not to my actual xbox but to an external ftp site) & it works very well.

NetDrive is free for non-commercial home use. Commercial use requires a license.

http://www.netdrive.net/index.html

This makes the ftp site appear to windows as a local drive, files can be copied/edited/written using normal copy commands etc.

I will be setting this up @ home so that I have X drive as my xbox - it will make updates etc much easier than having to ftp.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Is just mapping your xbox drives not the same thing? see the guide below.

To do this you must have a modded xbox (e.g. EvoX installed)

Ensure your Xbox is turned on and connected to your PC

In Windows XP open My Computer, then Tools, then Map Network Drive.

At the bottom of that pop-up window should be a hyperlink that says ' Sign up for online storage or connect to a network server' click it.

Click Next, it should then load for a few seconds.

Click Choose another Network location and click Next again

In the address bar enter 'ftp://username:Password@XboxIp' Username and Password is from your xbox which default is Username: Xbox and Password: Xbox your Xbox IP can be found on either your EvoXDash or in XBMC System info.

You should have entered something like this 'ftp://xbox:xbox@192.34.4.5' (without Quote marks)

Then Click Next.

I should now ask you for a Name. Call it whatever you wish. (I have multiple Xboxs so i name mine XBOX(Living) XBOX(Bedroom) etc

Click Finish

Now when you go to Windows Explorer/Desktop/My Network places you will see your Xbox Drives listed and always ready for action when your xbox is on.

Or you can also drag and drop or create a a shortcut for your xbox on your desktop
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 am

Nearly....

It doesn't assign a drive letter to the mapped server so the only way to access it is via windows explorer not from an application like MC.

If you can assign a drive letter to the external ftp server then the application doesn't need any changes since to it the files appear to be local.

To your application c: drive behaves the same as x:drive (xbox via ftp)

but you are right, for general access to the xbox this would be satisfactory.

PS I just got home & setup my xbox using this program to drive X:, this puts the video database path in my case as...

X:\E\Apps\XBMC2009\UserData\Database\MyVideos34.db

The 'E' is one of the drive letters on the xbox (C,D,E,F,Q)

Cheers
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

NetDrive System Requirements:

Operating System : Windows 2000,XP,VISTA/7 32bit (64bit will be added soon)

Sad
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 am

Posted 17 March 2010 on the NetDrive forum....

http://www.netdrive.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509&sid=7f7a8152a243535a9c80cb36336f43f6

Quote :
Dear NetDrive customers,

Thank you for your interest in NetDrive.

We apologize for the delay of supporting 64bit OSes.
The version update, including 64bit OSes support, will be released next month.

It was scheduled to be released this month, but it's being delayed about a month because of fixing several bugs.
The announcement will be coming when we're ready.

Again, we are sorry for the delay.
As a new service provider, we will be dedicated to fix problems and improve product.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 am

Then that leaves it down to me to actually implement it.

A little frightening really, I did some work about a decade ago that involved MS Access and VBA, but i've never really touched SQL.

Even so, I have the feeling this may be worth the effort, maybe look at intergrating this into the table view, giving MC the ability to directly interface, and update the XBMC db would have its definite advantadges.

As I said last week, my priority for now is TV Shows, but this is definatley something I could look at when I come back to movies.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import/Export Watched Status   Import/Export Watched Status Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Import/Export Watched Status
Page 1 of 1