Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272

Go down 
+3
Keypel
copota
billyad2000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Empty
PostSubject: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Changes for new version 3.272

Couple of Bugfixes
  • Bugfix - Issue of TV Show open/locked status not sticking under certain circumstances

• Bugfix - Exiting Movie 'Table' view would request save even when no changes had been made

• Bugfix - Offline movie search was recursive, this could cause problems with subfolders getting scraped, eg when a local '.actors' folder was created, subsequent searches would think .actors was another movie

• Bugfix - Alternative titles were not updated when the 'Change Movie' tab was used.

• Bugfix - MC would ignore movies with 'dvd5' or 'dvd9' in the filename, believeing them to be parts 5 and 9 respectively of a multipart movie, MC now checks for the availability of dvd1 before ignoring.

• Bugfix - Using the rating sort method could cause an unhandled exception if the rating field was not numerical.

• Bugfix - Main fanart Browser tweaked to support png type images, main scraper and alternative fanart browser already support png.

Changes for this build.
  • The TV Episode renamer has been completely rewritten and a log added (If log is enabled in tv preferences), hopefully all issues with this have been fixed.

• Several people have complained about the delay for tv shows been automatically added, as a result of this I have added a new option in the 'TV Preferences' to enable 'Quick add for new TV Shows'. Enabling this option scrapes only the basic tvshow.nfo with none of the posters or fanart, this option speeds up initial scraping considerably

• In order to allow easy scraping of missing art, especially considering the quick scrape method above, I have added a context menu item for tv shows to scrape missing tv show art, this includes fanart and posters, but not actor images or episode images. To download missing actor images then rescrape the show using the button.

• The method by which tv shows are added has also been rewritten, the shows are now added quietly in the background and will not be added to the list until the scraping of that show is completed, this has also allowed me to enable the 'TV Show Selector' when shows are being scraped, wrongly scraped shows can be changed as soon as they are added.

• On request I have removed the warning dialogue when unlocking an unverified show.

Firstly, let me just warn you folks that while I have tested this build fairly well, there are some fairly extensive changes to some of the TV handling code and this may cause new issues (although I am hopeful it doesn't).

As I said last week, I have a couple of assignments that I need to get done which is taking a lot of my time, but other than bug fixes, I intend to spend as much time as I can on developing TV Show and Episode, handling and features.

Report bugs in the appropriate forum, or bump them if they remain unaddressed, I occasionally loose track of what I am supposed to be doing and my memory often needs jogging.

Download Version 3.272

Regards

Billy

Last edited by billyad2000 on Sun May 02, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
copota
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks billyad2000 for this release. Very Happy Very Happy

Working great so far on my end. I re-scraped my Movies directory, and the problems I was experiencing in the past build have been fixed ie. .actors folder getting scraped as movies - fixed, error prompt upon opening a movie folder from within MC's browser - fixed, browsing for poster error - fixed.

Thank You for your time and dedication! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keypel
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 am

Just wanted to confirm that the TV show rename is working.

I'm sure you hear this all the time but, this is really a great and useful program. Thank You!!
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks Billy for another prompt update Smile

The ability to change the TV Show pane to better show posters vs banners, is that still coming?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grubsy

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for the update.

I just added my movies with DVD5 or DVD9 in the filename and hit 'Search for new movies'. Unfortunately it didn't pick them up. I changed the filename of 1 to DVD and hit 'Search for new movies' and it found that one fine.

MC shows Version 3.272 in the top corner.

Edit: I can confirm the folders were scanned and are shown in the Output Log
Back to top Go down
ingeon

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 pm

This worked in a previous version i tried. Am I doing something wrong?
Under my TV Shows it scrapes the 'Season' .actors thumbnails but no longer the 'TV Show' .actors
thus the 'Enable TV Show Actor Thumbs to be copied for Episode Actor Thumbs' does not
work as it should and it re-scrapes every actor thumb for each season seperate from the internet using
lots of unnecessary time/bandwidth.

'Rescrape actors' under movies probably re-scrapes all actor tbn`s again?
Back to top Go down
angeoand

PostSubject: ust for fun,what style of wedding dress do you think Kate Middleton will where for her wedding?   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:47 am

Smile Smile
I'm so like your style.I agree to your opinion.Hoping
more your better article!Pearl Bracelet

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272   New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.272
Page 1 of 1