Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bandit1170
New User
New User

custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card Empty
PostSubject: custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card   custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 am

I'm using Gen2 3.272
All my media is in ISO format.

I have a few ISO's that are not able to be scraped, a couple are home movies that I have created. I update the information for them, add a .jpg file for the Poster art and it appears in MC, but when I create the Movie Card Webpages, all the ISO's that I've picked/browsed the poster art locally for comes up with the same one picture, which ever picture I last added.

I have some screenshot examples, but don't see where to add them here.

Looking through the various MC files/folders as well as the HTML code that's spit out, I see that the ones in question do not have an ID in the .NFO file and in the HTML they are assigned .jpg (no file name, just .jpg, which does show up in the images folder with the HTML page) as the image to use and it uses it for all movies with no ID in the .NFO.

Is there a way around this without editing all those files. It just doesn't seem to be associated the custom/local poster .JPG files with the .ISOs. If I look at the .TBN file it is the picture I want, but it's not pulling that.

Thank you. Great program. Very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card   custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:15 pm

MC uses the IMDB ID to give a unique identification to movies, this stops issues that would be caused by movies with the same name.

The jpeg image name is named using this, eg '(IMDB ID).jpg'. A media item with no IMDB ID would just create the file '.jpg' which is causing the issue you are having.

The solution is to give your custom movies an ID, preferably one not used by IMDB, the best suggestion would be to use an alternative prefix. IMDB uses 'tt' to prefix all of its thumbs, use something different for custom movies, eg.
Title - 'Home Movie 1'
Plot - 'Something I recorded'
ID - 'hm0000001'

You get the idea, posters for the wall and htmloutput will use the user created ID.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
bandit1170
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card   custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:06 pm

So where do I put the ID so that it persists? I can't edit the IMDB ID field on the Edit Movie screen. Do I edit each .NFO file? Seems like there should be/could be a better way.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card   custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

custom Posters not being pulled for HTML Movie Card
Page 1 of 1