Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaGnome

Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function. Empty
PostSubject: Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function.   Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 am

I thought there used to be some sort of documentation on MC but I seem to have lost the link... is one still around that is somewhat updated to the new features and such?

Specifically I'm trying to figure out what "Rebuild Shows" actually does.. is it recreating NFO files, or just re-reading them in.
What is the difference between that and "Reload Show Cache"?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function.   Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 am

Reload cache does just that, clears the current data and reloads the nfo data from the tvcache.xml file. This procedure is very fast.

Rebuild tv show deletes the cache and rebuilds it by reading each nfo, the nfo files are not written to.

Early versions of MC had a great many problems with keeping the cache file in sync with all changes, especially with movies. Newer builds should have most of these errors ironed out so neither of these options should need to be used very often now, if at all.

Over the next month or so I will be writing a manual for MC, with full details of all functionality and useage. This is long overdue.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

Is there a manual? QUestion on terms and actual function.
Page 1 of 1