Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ascent1729
New User
New User

3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie Empty
PostSubject: 3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie   3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:16 am

I am running MC on Windows XP connected to a SMB share hosted by Samba on Linux. Because the hosted folders are on a Linux system, I had used colons in several of the movie folder names, which cause the names to be mangled into an 8-character substitute when read from a Windows machine. One of the remote movie folders was named "2001: A Space Oddyssey", which was mangled on the Windows side; however, I was able to change the movie using the "Change Movie" button. However, for the other folder, which was named "Dr. Strangelove or: How to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb", the folder name was similarly mangled; however, when I searched for the correct name on the "Change Movie" menu and pressed "Go" to change the movie, I received the following error:

Code:

Starting Rescrape

Deleting existing poster and backdrops

Clearing current movie details

Scraping Movie Body with settings:
tt0057012
http://www.imdb.com/

Parsing scraper XML
Selecting Title according to settings
Adding title: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Adding year: 1964
Adding top250: 31
Adding rating: 8.6
Adding votes: 150,807
Adding director: Stanley Kubrick
Adding credits: Stanley Kubrick
Adding genre: Drama / Thriller
Adding tagline: the hot-line suspense comedy
Adding outline: An insane general starts a process to nuclear holocaust that a war room of politicians and generals frantically try to stop.
Adding plot: U.S. President Merkin Muffley is on the hot line to Moscow with some rather embarrassing news for the Soviet premier: "Hello, Dimitri....I'm fine....Now then, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the bomb....The bomb, Dimitri. The hydrogen bomb....Well, now, what happened is that, uh, one of our base commanders...he went a little funny in the head....and he went and did a silly thing....He ordered his planes to attack your country." A comedy about an accidental nuclear attack? One that ends with total annihilation, thermonuclear apocalypse? Preposterous! Stanley Kubrick thought otherwise. In the end his thinking prevailed. The mad saga revolves around a psychotic Strategic Air Command officer, Gen. Jack D. Ripper, who lets loose his B-52 bomber squadron on the Soviet Union. Ripper takes this unilateral action because of his paranoid belief that Communists are sapping and contaminating "all our precious bodily fluids" as part of their plan to take over the world." Unbeknownst to Ripper, his attack will trigger the Russian's ultimate weapon, the Doomsday Machine, a diabolical retaliatory device set to blow up the planet.
Adding runtime: 95 min
Adding studio: Columbia Pictures Corporation
Adding id: tt0057012
Adding cert: MPAA|Rated PG for thematic elements, some violent content, sexual humor and mild language. (2005 re-rating)
Adding cert: UK|PG
Adding cert: USA|PG
Adding cert: Ireland|PG
Adding cert: Australia|PG
Adding cert: New Zealand|PG
Adding cert: Norway|11
Adding cert: Singapore|PG
Adding cert: South Korea|12
Adding cert: Brazil|10
Adding cert: Netherlands|AL
Adding cert: Argentina|Atp
Adding cert: Iceland|Unrated
Adding cert: Nova Scotia|A
Adding cert: Sweden|11
Adding cert: Portugal|M/12
Adding cert: Hong Kong|IIA
Adding cert: Finland|K-16
Adding cert: France|U
Adding cert: Germany|16

Scraping actors with preferences:
mirror: http://www.imdb.com/
imdbid: tt0057012
title: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
max actors:9999

Parsing xml actorlist

working with actor thumbnails

Saving nfo to: Y:\Videos\Movies\DK6EBZ~S\DK6EBZ~S.nfo

Scraping posters
Saving poster to: Y:\Videos\Movies\DK6EBZ~S\DK6EBZ~S.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- Y:\Videos\Movies\DK6EBZ~S\folder.jpg

Scraping fanart list from TMdb

Attempting to download fanart
Fanart download succeeded, saving to: Y:\Videos\Movies\DK6EBZ~S\DK6EBZ~S-fanart.jpg

Populating form with updated details

Adding movie to internal list

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Media_Companion.Form1.Button21_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

End of log

I realize that this is a very edge case, and I have worked around it by just renaming the folder to "Dr. Strangelove", but I reported it just in case it might be of interest to you.
Back to top Go down
bigkidoz
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie   3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:53 am

Having just read this post after i posted my own bug i see that you are having the same null exception error as what i'm getting. This has only just started happening in the last couple of days and yet nothing has changed on my system at all. I also notice when i go to re scrape the movie that in the movie title bar above where thumb/ fanart are displayed , the movie name has (0000) on the end. Now when i name all my files i remove the year unless its a remake of an original movie.
Back to top Go down
bigkidoz
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: 3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie   3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:32 am

So it seems no one else is having this problem, i am unable to scrape anything at all ,
i havent changed any hardware or software.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie   3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.293 - NullReferenceException when changing movie
Page 1 of 1