Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Create catalog for offline use locally & be able to sync with changes on the extenal hds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zakk
New User
New User

Create catalog for offline use locally & be able to sync with changes on the extenal hds Empty
PostSubject: Create catalog for offline use locally & be able to sync with changes on the extenal hds   Create catalog for offline use locally & be able to sync with changes on the extenal hds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Greetings

I've tried today your program and it's really good!! Well done.
(especially, it does a very good job in extracting the movie names and getting info from imdb)

But, I've been looking for a different approach...
You see, I've got a large collection of downloaded movies (mkv & avi)
which I watch using WD Live Media Player on my tv -- not using the laptop.
I download every movie using my laptop, and then copy it to on one of the two external hard disks that I have.
Afterwards, when I've watched a movie, I simply delete the relevant movie file straight from WD Live's interface.
So, in general the hds stay connected to WD Live (not to the laptop) almost all the time,
and I'm only connecting my hds to the laptop only in order to copy movies from the laptop to the hds - for nothing else.

Therefore, I'd like to keep to my laptop a catalog of my movies on the external hds,
and be able to update it when I copy some new movies to them

So, I'd like to make these suggestions:

1. When scanning the hard disks for movies,
instead of creating all these tbn,nfo,avi,actors,etc files scattered in every movie folder in the external hard disks,
Media Companion to create just a single database file (containing all the above tbn,nfo,etc inside) in the laptop.
(btw the "Offline Movie Folders" feature is no use for me)

2. Each movie entry that is created in the program catalog,
to be paired with the serial number of the relevant hd which contains the movie file.
This way it wont matter whether one hd gets a different drive letter when connected, than the previous time.

When some movies in the hds have been deleted or moved,
the program to be able identify those and update the local movie catalog accordingly.

Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down

Create catalog for offline use locally & be able to sync with changes on the extenal hds
Page 1 of 1