Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remove MC Files

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CrashnBrn
New User
New User

Remove MC Files Empty
PostSubject: Remove MC Files   Remove MC Files Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi,

Let's say I have 300 movies and want to remove all of the files that MC built/created during scraping. Is there an easy way of doing that without having to go through each folder 1x1 deleting the files?

Also

Top Gear Specials seems to be classified as season 20, and I can't find where to change the season in MC.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm assuming you can't un-rename TV shows as well.....
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

Remove MC Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove MC Files   Remove MC Files Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:26 pm

CrashnBrn wrote:
Hi,

Let's say I have 300 movies and want to remove all of the files that MC built/created during scraping. Is there an easy way of doing that without having to go through each folder 1x1 deleting the files?
Well, if you haven't used any other apps to also catalog the movies then you could just simply sort the folder by file type (extension) and delete all the .nfo, .tbn, and
*-fanart.jpg files.

CrashnBrn wrote:
Top Gear Specials seems to be classified as season 20, and I can't find where to change the season in MC.

That sounds familiar for some reason... Check the forums in case someone else reported issues with that series....

CrashnBrn wrote:
I'm assuming you can't un-rename TV shows as well.....
Corrent. You've renamed files. You can't un-rename files irrespective of whether you've done it with MC or not without some sort of data restoration.
Back to top Go down
CrashnBrn
New User
New User

Remove MC Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove MC Files   Remove MC Files Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Edit: Sorry double post

Last edited by CrashnBrn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrashnBrn
New User
New User

Remove MC Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove MC Files   Remove MC Files Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

AnthonyB wrote:
CrashnBrn wrote:
Hi,

Well, if you haven't used any other apps to also catalog the movies then you could just simply sort the folder by file type (extension) and delete all the .nfo, .tbn, and
*-fanart.jpg files.
I believe this assumes that I have all of the video files in one place? I have all of my movies in this type of structure:

/Movies
/Movies/21
/Movies/28 Days Later

Going through each folder one by one would take a long time.

But you gave me another idea, since the files are .nfo and .tbn I can search through my root movies folder for those extensions and delete them!

Hopefully that would work! Thanks.

I wish that MC would have some type of remove feature that could delete the files that is created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remove MC Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove MC Files   Remove MC Files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove MC Files
Page 1 of 1