Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jyujinkai

[SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Empty
PostSubject: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Hello...

i have been using the xbox1 version of XBMC from the time it was called XBMP. But recently i upgraded all my hardware to HD and now I am running XBMCLive.

Anyway... I am about to start re-building my movie and tv collection in HD and of course i need to make a nice library.... I was pointed to this site from the xbmc forums. .. but I am not 100% sure exactly what the point of al this is... how is this different to scrapping in XBMC itself?

Last edited by Jyujinkai on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

Yes basically it does the same as XBMC does.....however using MC it's

• Much easier to confirm it has scraped the correct movie & TV show & change it if it didn't
  • Easier to know what episodes you are missing
  • Make your our personal changes to the information
  • You can have multiple XBMC's getting the information from the one common single source
  • Its easier to see what movies you have & you can filter lists if needed by genre/rating/age
  • You can export html files to act as a hard copy catalog of what movies you have

...and there's probably heaps more...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
maxinc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 am

And the most important of all, if you have to re scrape your collection again or on a additional machine, it will only take a minute and it will look exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 am

thanks guys.. i am sold.. and using this app now... big thank you to the devs
Back to top Go down
Gaudi
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 am

Thanks for this great software. I have a question, XBMC is still using a db to store the information, so, the right procedure should be:

1. Export XBMC Library as multiple files.
2. Import, edit, complete .nfo data with Media Companion
3. Reimport data in XBMC.

It confuses somehow the fact that the changes Media Companion makes are not automatically reflected in XBMC db.
I would like to either use XBMC to scrape my movies, and Media Companion to check and correct mistakes, that I would like to be reflected in XBMC itself.

Am I right?

Regards
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Sweetheart Wedding Dresses are definitely 1 of them. Anytime, Wholesale Sweetheart Wedding Dresses are loved by each trend setters and followers. They accentuate femininity and elegance naturally, however fabulously. A variety of figures look good in those exquisite profiles. Chic appearances with them often seem on high-end occasions, wonderful spectators and creating the effect on these sexy designs last. Strapless Wedding Dresses Strapless Wedding Dresses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?   [SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] - Hi, can someone explain to me the point of this application?
Page 1 of 1