Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Many movies not found

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dewy
New User
New User

Many movies not found Empty
PostSubject: Many movies not found   Many movies not found Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 am

Hello all,

Thanks for the Awesome program!

I have the Gen 2 3.400 MC.

I added a folder for it to scan, T:\Movies. (I have 2 1TB externals with about 1100 movies each, they are all in folders with the same names as the avi, mpg etc..., the only other thing in the folders was a folder.jpg that I have manually downloaded for all movies.)

MC then said it found new movies and added them to a database.

I then hit the Search for new movies. It appeared to find all the movies, and started scraping. It was painfully slow though, (I have a quick computer and FioS). I had to reboot for some other issue and was able to come back to MC, Scan for new movies and it started working again, a little faster this time.

My issue is though, that after about 500 Movies over the last 24 hours, about 75% of them are showing as like "1408 (0000)" or "Beverly Hills Cop (0000)".

I wouldn't have a problem with this as I don't mind going individually and updating the movie manually, but when I go to do that via the Change Movie button, I then get a entry in the list that looks like "()".

The () Entry has the proper filename for the movie I just updated.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Dewy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Many movies not found   Many movies not found Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:07 am

I figured out the () thing.

So when I get a movie that MC can't scrape. It shows up like Movie Name (0000). When I tell it to rescrape manually, it puts it as just (). No move name or year. In the details, it does still show the path, (i.e. T:\Movie Name\Movie Name.avi)

If I manually change movie, it works just fine.

Now my only problem is the sheer number of movies it didn't find. It's funny because if I go to change movie, it has opened up the correct imdb page first try for the last 20 I have done.

Guess I will keep doing that.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
andri86
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Many movies not found   Many movies not found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 pm

I´m having the same problem.

I go to change movie, it has already opened up the correct imdb page.

What´s the difference between these movies and the ones it automatically scrapes correct.
A little annoying and can't be a big problem to fix Smile

Regards, Andri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Many movies not found   Many movies not found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Many movies not found
Page 1 of 1