Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the Pentagon were turned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cerberus
VIP
VIP

the Pentagon were turned Empty
PostSubject: the Pentagon were turned   the Pentagon were turned Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Urban Search and Rescue teams, including Fairfax County Urban Search and Rescue assisted the search for remains, working through the National Interagency Incident Management System (NIIMS).[74][75] Kevin Rimrodt, a Navy photographer surveying the Navy Command Center after the attacks, remarked that "there were so many bodies, I'd almost step on them. So I'd have to really take care to look backwards as I'm backing up in the dark, looking with a flashlight, making sure I'm not stepping on somebody".[76] Debris from the Pentagon were taken to the Pentagon's north parking lot for more detailed search for remains and evidence.[77]

Remains that were recovered from the Pentagon were turned over to the Armed Forces Medical Examiner office, located at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware. The medical examiner's office was able to identify remains belonging to 179 of the victims.[78] Investigators eventually identified 184 of the 189 people who died in the attack.[79] The remains of the five hijackers were identified through a process of elimination, and were turned over as evidence to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).[80] On September 21, the ACFD relinquished control of the crime scene to the FBI. The Washington Field Office, National Capital Response Squad (NCRS), and the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) led the crime scene investigation at the Pentagon.[61] By October 2, 2001, the search for evidence and remains was complete and the site was turned over to Pentagon officials.[77] In 2002, the remains of twenty-five victims were buried collectively at Arlington National Cemetery, with a five-sided granite marker inscribed with the names of all the victims in the Pentagon.[81] The ceremony also honored the five victims whose remains were never found.[81]

ForumLinkBuilding.com
snack vending machines
Back to top Go down

the Pentagon were turned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: