Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JPSiemer
New User
New User

New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Empty
PostSubject: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:35 am

Some of my movies have extended information in their filename such as (Unrated), (Limited), (Director's Cut), (Extended), (TV), (STV), etc... 90% of the time files with these additions to them are not scraped correctly and instead replaced by some random movie. Is there any way the Media Companion could delete these in the search field on-the-fly?

Also, I have found a great poster database that hosts great quality posters, is really fast, and bases it's searches off of the movie's IMDB ID, which would make this a seamless integration if it were added as an option in XBMC Media Companion. The site is: http://posters.motechnet.com/ -- an example of a movie's URL is: http://posters.motechnet.com/title/tt0830515/ -- While it doesn't have every poster in the world, I have found posters on here when they weren't available on IMDB...
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 pm

It sounds like your using a very old version of Media Companion

The newer versions can source thumbs from IMDB, MoviePosterDB, TMDb, and Internet Movie Poster Awards. You can also select your preference for the order MC searches during scraping, most people have IMDB last.

These 4 sources can also be browsed via the editor.

MC also filters out terms such as unrated and directors cut etc. To get the most accurate results from the scraper I would also suggest you use the movie year, enclosed in brackets in the filename.
eg
moviename (1992)-directors cut-unrated-divx.avi
will search for "moviename" and try to mach up the year also.

You can get the latest version from the announcements forum.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
JPSiemer
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Oh, damn I didn't realize. Your main homepage wasn't updated and that's where I have been looking. Anyways thanks for the speedy reply... I just downloaded the new version and everything seems to be in line.

One thing I did notice that was kind of weird with this version is with the Fan Art. The program saved it, but it didn't retain its formatting in the filename. For instance, "Quantum Of Solace (2008) [SCR-x264+AAC@2CH].avi" yeilded "quantum of solace (2008) [scr-x264+aac@2ch]-fanart.jpg". Is this normal?

Also, even though I tell the program not to use Fan Art for the background, it displays it anyways!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 pm

The fanart filename is all in lower case, I probably will fix it but at the moment since filenames are not case sensitive then it will work without issue.

The option not to display fanart in the background has been fixed today, you can get version 2.085 from the Announcements forum.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
JPSiemer
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Great! Seems to work fine.

I did come across another bug... My movie folders are scattered among many different internal, external, and network drives, and when one of those drives is not connected the Media Companion encounters an unhandled exception. If you click continue the program loads anyways but returns 0 media (even if all the other drives are connected). I don't believe it did this in a previous version. The only workaround is to delete that location temporarily or reconnect the drive. It would be nice if the program warned you that the location was unavailable, but still allowed you to work with the rest of the media.

Also, I noticed that in your "Things To Do" list you have listed: "22. Scan existing non xml nfo files for IMDB ID when scanning." I am very interested in this feature. I think XBMC already does this so it would be warmly welcomed within your program. One extra thing that would really make this feature pop is the ability to scan an .NFO file, grab the IMDB title, rename .NFO to .INFO, scrape for movie info, and generate XML .NFO file. That way our original .NFO files do not get overwritten. I hate when I lose the original scene .NFO, because it helps me identify a release after i've renamed it if a program arises (such as needing release-specific subs). In fact, I already renamed all my .NFO's to .INFO before I scrape with Media Companion, so maybe it would be cool if it scanned existing .INFO files as well.

One other suggestion I have is the simple ability to generate a blank .NFO for the selected movie. Sometimes you come across media that is scraped incorrectly because there are no entries for it in IMDB. In those cases you want a quick way to blank all the fields for the selected movie instead of manually deleteing each one.

Any ways, keep up the great work -- this program is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search   New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Poster Database & Filter Out Words In IMDB Search
Page 1 of 1