Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoiZe
New User
New User

tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files' Empty
PostSubject: tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files'   tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files' Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:04 am

Hi!
after the version 2.064, you have added by default the tag "filename". I don't want it, because if i would rename a title, i have to rename: the avi, the nfo, the tbn... and in this case the filename tag in the nfo file. (for now i'm using the version 2.007.. the last 'working good' without the filename tag)

So, it's possible for you to add a tag selection like in the 'xbmc-db...' for selecting what tag enable and what other disable in the nfo files process creation?

I'm building an italian merged database (for the moment using separate NFO's) from different sources and for me it could be very useful.

CiaoCiao!! Smile

...mh.. and maybe a checkbox for disable the log window popup Very Happy
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files' Empty
PostSubject: Re: tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files'   tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files' Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:45 am

While it isn't neccesary at the moment, you may have noticed that XBMC only supports fanart that uses the stack name of a media file.

eg.
movie cd1.avi
The fanart would need to be called
movie-fanart.jpg (movie cd1-fanart.avi wont work)
from the newest build of XBMC the same applies to posters.
movie.tbn (and not movie cd1.tbn)

The reason for the filename tag is because I have heard that XBMC is going to apply the above naming rules to the .nfo file also. This would mean that for complex filenames (eg. "movie (2008) cd1 divx ac3 ws.avi") it would be impossible to work out what media file the nfo is attached to.

I may at some point come accross a better way of doing this but at the moment thats how it is.

I will look at adding an option to disable the filename tag, but it will mean that the program may loose much of its media function once XBMC changes. (media info, trailers, media playback, wont work)

I won't be doing any more now before christmas, but over the next couple of weeks I will be spending more time streamlining the program, and that includes many of the annoying dialogues and also an option to disable the output logs.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk

tags selection like in 'xbmc-db - separate nfo files'
Page 1 of 1