Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gmk2

Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Empty
PostSubject: Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches   Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:05 am

Most movies I have use a full stop to seperate words in the title. When Media Companion scrapes it leaves these in, which is usually ok.. however some titles will return a different IMDB page reporting > 500 partial matches if you scan with the full stop. This causes a blank nfo file to be generated with no error. Either an error or the scraper removing the full stops (which I believe XBMC scraper does) should resolve this.

Examples include:
The.Dark
The.Man
The.Return

Cheers,

gmk2
Back to top Go down
gmk2

PostSubject: Re: Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches   Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 am

Further to the bug where IMDB reports > 500 matches not being handled, I am finding that scraping with the full stops is causing many other movies to come back with inaccurate results where removal of the full stops results in the correct scrape. eg:
rambo.first.blood scrapes as Rambo (2008)
rambo first blood scrapes as First Blood (1982)

Given that pretty much every movie out there is coming with full stops to seperate the words in the name, I would like to ask if the scraper could be updated to strip out the full stops. I believe this is the approach XBMC uses and it certainly gives much greater accuracy.

Cheers,

gmk2
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches   Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 pm

I've implemented this for the next build.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
gmk2

PostSubject: Re: Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches   Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Excellent - so many re-scrapes will be avoided by this Very Happy

cheers,

gmk2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches   Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blank nfo file - > 500 partial matches
Page 1 of 1