Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screen Resolutions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

Screen Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Screen Resolutions   Screen Resolutions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:55 pm

What is the optimum screen res for the program. I currently have 1920X1200 and it cuts the bottom and the right off a tad. The scroll bar on the movie list show about half the box for the down arrow.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

Screen Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen Resolutions   Screen Resolutions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:20 am

Wizerd wrote:
What is the optimum screen res for the program. I currently have 1920X1200 and it cuts the bottom and the right off a tad. The scroll bar on the movie list show about half the box for the down arrow.

Hi,

We just recently had that discussion so I know the answer, it looks like Media Compantion and/or Windows doesn't work well with a large font size:

1. Right click desktop -> Properties
2. Appearnace tab -> Font Size

May or may not have to reboot after you change it to "normal". This worked for me.

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Screen Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen Resolutions   Screen Resolutions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:35 am

I just had a look and it looks like the positioning of the combobox needs tweaking.

The arrow is slightly cut off at all resolutions.

I'll fix it for the next version.

FYI
The program will run in any resolution.

1024*768 is the lowest resolution it will run in without scrollbars, but it looks awful.
1280*960 looks reasonable
1680*1050 is the resolution I use and probably looks best at this resolution since its what I see.

1920X1200 should be fine.

DPI should be normal (96DPI), with normal font size, there seems to be an issue with .NET that causes problems with scaling for people using other DPI.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

Screen Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen Resolutions   Screen Resolutions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screen Resolutions
Page 1 of 1