Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMadPersian

I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Empty
PostSubject: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:47 am

First of all, Thank you for the program.

When I scrape movies I keep them the same format you recommend. \movie.avi

But I can never scrape more than 20 at a time. and usually just 3-6 or so. It then just kicks out of the program to a "scraper output" log that doesn't provide an error. I can always re-scrape where I started from and I get 3-6 more movies, but I don't know why this happens?

Any ideas? I am using 2.085.

Thank You again.

Madness
Back to top Go down
kuliksco
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 pm

same thing happens for me. i have a few hundred movies and the scapper will only only scan about 10-20 at a time before kicking out the scrapper log with no errors.

for example:

Searching IMDB For The Burbs
IMDB ID found :- tt0096734
nfo saved as :- E:\Movies 1\The Burbs\The Burbs.nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- E:\Movies 1\The Burbs\The Burbs.tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- E:\Movies 1\The Burbs\The Burbs.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- E:\Movies 1\The Burbs\folder.jpg
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0096734&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- E:\Movies 1\The Burbs\The Burbs-fanart.jpg

Searching IMDB For The Butcher's Wife
IMDB ID found :- tt0101523

and

Searching IMDB For The Devil's Rejects
IMDB ID found :- tt0395584
nfo saved as :- E:\Movies 1\The Devil's Rejects\The Devil's Rejects.nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- E:\Movies 1\The Devil's Rejects\The Devil's Rejects.tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- E:\Movies 1\The Devil's Rejects\The Devil's Rejects.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- E:\Movies 1\The Devil's Rejects\folder.jpg
No Fanart is Available For This MovieE:\Movies 1\The Devil's Rejects\The Devil's Rejects.tbn

Searching IMDB For The Dukes of Hazzard
IMDB ID found :- tt0377818

any idea what could be causing this? i am using version 2.132.

as the above poster mentioned, i can always rescrape and the movie it stopped it will work just fine now.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:29 pm

I finally managed to reproduce the issue and it should be fixed now (version 2.135)

https://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/new-version-2135-t376.htm#1234
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:56 pm

I haven't checked it Yet, And I will reply.. But the fact that you act so quickly is amazing!!

Thank You.

Will be back soon to report.

Madness
Back to top Go down
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 pm

So I have got 100+ movies now, But I still get 3 movies sometimes as well. Not sure what the issue is.

The log It usually ends:

Searching IMDB For No End In Sight (2007)
IMDB ID found :- tt0912593
nfo saved as :- J:\Movies\Movies 'N'\No End In Sight (2007)\No End In Sight (2007).nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- J:\Movies\Movies 'N'\No End In Sight (2007)\No End In Sight (2007).tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- J:\Movies\Movies 'N'\No End In Sight (2007)\No End In Sight (2007).tbn
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0912593&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- J:\Movies\Movies 'N'\No End In Sight (2007)\No End In Sight (2007)-fanart.jpg

Searching IMDB For No Retreat, No Surrender (1986)
IMDB ID found :- tt0089695

Dunno if that helps?

Thanks for the effort
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:22 am

The problem is that when an exception occurs in other than the main thread, it just exits the thread.

This makes it very difficult to track.

I would like you to try this version, it's no different to what you tried earlier, but when an error occurs scraping then a msgbox will let you know what and where the exception is, this should allow me to fix it.

I need to know the whole contents of the msgbox

Thanks for your help

Last edited by billyad2000 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link removed)
Back to top Go down
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 am

D/ling it now...

thank you

Madness
Back to top Go down
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:23 am

Okay The new debug program doesn't work. I tried running it as a stand-alone and after I had opened the latest MC program I get the following screen:

[img]I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Error10[/img]
Back to top Go down
kuliksco
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 am

TheMadPersian wrote:
Okay The new debug program doesn't work. I tried running it as a stand-alone and after I had opened the latest MC program I get the following screen:

[img]I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Error10[/img]

i also get the same error.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Sorry about that,

this one should be ok

Debug Media Companion Download
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Actually, use this one. It outputs details of the full error to the Scraper Log

Debug Media Companion Download
Back to top Go down
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay Here it is.. after 129 movies:

Searching IMDB For Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)
IMDB ID found :- tt0118655
nfo saved as :- G:\Movies\Movies 'A'\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997).nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- G:\Movies\Movies 'A'\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997).tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- G:\Movies\Movies 'A'\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997).tbn
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0118655&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- G:\Movies\Movies 'A'\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)\Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997)-fanart.jpg

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

What do you think?

Madness
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:56 pm

That is helpful

Would you try this one please

Debug Media Companion Download V4
Back to top Go down
TheMadPersian

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 am

Sorry for the delay Billy.

Now I have no more movies to scrape. So it's hard for me to test it.

If there is any easy way to go through and delete all the nfo and jpgs and go again.. I don't mind... Too many files to do manually.

Let me know.

Madness

Thanks again for the program.
Back to top Go down
kuliksco
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 am

TheMadPersian wrote:
Sorry for the delay Billy.

Now I have no more movies to scrape. So it's hard for me to test it.

If there is any easy way to go through and delete all the nfo and jpgs and go again.. I don't mind... Too many files to do manually.

Let me know.

Madness

Thanks again for the program.

same for me Razz all my movies are already scraped.
Back to top Go down
zzbnoona
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:52 pm

I just scraped about 2000 movies and it did it to me probably only 3 times so no big deal, looks like you got it licked, I'll grab the debugger when I do the rest and let you know what I find
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?   I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder if this is a bug or on purpose?
Page 1 of 1