Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CD 1 or Sample etc...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BodgeIT
New User
New User

CD 1 or Sample etc... Empty
PostSubject: CD 1 or Sample etc...   CD 1 or Sample etc... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:44 pm

HI Billy.

1stly great app...Thank you.

2ndly I wondered if it was something I'm doing but:

1. I seem to be left with movies Called CD1 or CD2 also many called Sample.
At the moment I have 5 entires for CD1 all of which are pointing to the same dir and then only 1 pointing to the CD2 folder?
2. It doesn't seem to scrape all my movies. For instance, I have Apocolypto in my folder but it isn't in my list in MC...
....ahah! Just figured it out...MC isn't picking up on folders that have the avi in a multiple rar format. Isn't this what the 'use folder names for IMDB searches' option is a workaround for?

How would you recommend I resolve these quirks of my system?

Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Ryld

PostSubject: Re: CD 1 or Sample etc...   CD 1 or Sample etc... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 am

BodgeIT wrote:
HI Billy.

1stly great app...Thank you.

2ndly I wondered if it was something I'm doing but:

1. I seem to be left with movies Called CD1 or CD2 also many called Sample.
At the moment I have 5 entires for CD1 all of which are pointing to the same dir and then only 1 pointing to the CD2 folder?
2. It doesn't seem to scrape all my movies. For instance, I have Apocolypto in my folder but it isn't in my list in MC...
....ahah! Just figured it out...MC isn't picking up on folders that have the avi in a multiple rar format. Isn't this what the 'use folder names for IMDB searches' option is a workaround for?

How would you recommend I resolve these quirks of my system?

Thank you again.

I believe the problem is that its searching for the closest folder match to the files beneath to create the nfo file, and only figuring one movie per folder by default

an option maybe to combine all your rars into the one folder - however depending on your setup (if you are using 'scene' rars) you may end up with files that are not in the XBMC compatible stacking format. see XBMC Wiki

Ive gone to the lengths of keeping the folder of each movie as per the downloaded folder and extracting each avi and naming it according to what IMDB references the movie to.

ie;

F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.1999.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-Group\Movie (1999).avi
or in the case of multi-part movies
F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.1999.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-Group\Movie (1999).part1.avi
F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.1999.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-Group\Movie (1999).part2.avi
with the tbn and nfo file in this case
F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.1999.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-Group\Movie (1999).part1.tbn
I believe XBMC can also pickup Movie (1999).tbn - but leaving part1 seems to be the default behavior of Media Companion

EDIT:

After posting, read up more on the stacking on XBMC Wiki - if you were to make your own regexp and put all your files into one folder (ie; not Movie\CD1 just Movie\*.rar) then you would have correct operations inside of Media Companion and proper stacking in XBMC also.

The trick is to check whats inside your rar files as XBMC will interpret these as plain .avi's if you have this option enabled in the filesystem options.
Back to top Go down
BodgeIT
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: CD 1 or Sample etc...   CD 1 or Sample etc... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Ryld,
Thanks for your response.

I guess my point is made in your answer.

Quote :
Ive gone to the lengths of keeping the folder of each movie as per the downloaded folder and extracting each avi and naming it according to what IMDB references the movie to.

This seems to me to be a counter productive workaround.

The functionality of xbmc is that it allows playing of files directly in the rar, this means no need to unrar. Also the stacking functionality works brilliantly, easily combining CD # folders and presenting a single file. There are noted exceptions where idiots name the move files moviea.avi and movieb.avi (in two part movies) and an unrar and rename is necessary in order to get xbmc to stack files correctly, these are in the minority.

To have to go through each movie (about 200) and unrar files and move them out of prospective CD # folders, in order to get MC to see them properly just seems counter productive and for that matter somewhat against the point of this programme?

To me, to have MC 'ignore' cd1, sample, subs or some other folder name provided by user doesn't seem programmatically complex, however us mere mortals are usually blissfully unawares of the difficulties in this sort of task.

Also to have MC check that in each folder an avi or rar file does exist and ignore empty folders also doesn't seem too complex.

Anyway just my thoughts(leaning more toward a rant on 2nd read). At this point MC doesn't really work for me in the movie dept. TV shows however are another matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD 1 or Sample etc...   CD 1 or Sample etc... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD 1 or Sample etc...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: XBMC Media Companion Help And Useage-
Jump to: