Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How about an iPhone App?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cobalt6d
cobalt6d

How about an iPhone App? Empty
PostSubject: How about an iPhone App?   How about an iPhone App? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 am

It could work with MC so you know what movies you have and a wish list so you can make a note of movies you want to get.

I have a lot of movies and can't remember all of them. I write movies down on my hand to remember what to get latter.

The app store does have some, but nothing as good as MC and they cost for the app and the software on your computer. The best one cost $10 for the app and $50 for the computer program.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: How about an iPhone App?   How about an iPhone App? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 pm

If you want to write such an app then go ahead, but I wont be doing it for 2 reasons:
1 - I don't have, nor do I really want an iphone.
2 - If I did have an Iphone there are no real assurances that the software that I created would be accepted onto their marketplace.

Personally, I have a G1 Android phone that has a useful little app called Gmote.

It works via an installed gmote server on your PC (Linux or Windows) and not only lists all your movies, but lets you play, stop, ff,rr etc, best of all it is free.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
cobalt6d
cobalt6d

PostSubject: Re: How about an iPhone App?   How about an iPhone App? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 pm

I have the XBMC Remote app

It's nice and I can Play all my movies, songs, tv shows, ect. on all xboxes and computers in my house. But I would like to have a list of movies that were more portable. Not having to be connected to my network.

Pretty much a smaller version of MC.

So you can show friends what movies and shows you have. Also for remembering what movies you already have while you are out.

Kind of like Flixster but for my personal collection.

I know you said you don't want to do it, I am just explaining kind of what I was looking for. I am not a coder and I also don't have time to do it. Just throwing it out there for anyone.

I don't think apple would approve of it either. But there is always the jailbreak!!!
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: How about an iPhone App?   How about an iPhone App? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 am

Hi,

cobalt6d wrote:
I have the XBMC Remote app

It's nice and I can Play all my movies, songs, tv shows, ect. on all xboxes and computers in my house. But I would like to have a list of movies that were more portable. Not having to be connected to my network.

Pretty much a smaller version of MC.

So you can show friends what movies and shows you have. Also for remembering what movies you already have while you are out.

You could generate a html list, but it would be better if the html generated could be configured through templates to alter look and content or even to generate a tab seperated "spreadsheet"). Anyway I generate a spreadsheet for a similar purpose. I assume you can sync files with an iPhone.
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about an iPhone App?   How about an iPhone App? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about an iPhone App?
Page 1 of 1