Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

missing fanart report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flipped cracker
flipped cracker

missing fanart report Empty
PostSubject: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:24 pm

it be nice if you run a report that lists movies (or tv shows) that don't have any fanart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetvdb.com
katz
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
katz

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 am

Whilst its definitely an option to follow up, at the moment I just copy and paste the the text in the frame that appears as its scanning the movies that DONT have fanart.
Back to top Go down
http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39173
Ryld

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 am

i normally open up a command prompt and use find / dir

ie:

I have F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.Features.Source.EncodeQuality-Group\Imdb Movie Name..avi (and .tbn, .nfo)

so I do the following

Start -> Run -> CMD -> Ok (Vista users, all programs -> accessories -> Command prompt)

F:
CD \Pillage\_Movies\
DIR /B/S *.avi *.tbn *.nfo > F:\Rawlist.txt

then due to my naming format (Movie.Part1 Movie.Part2, etc) I remove the part2 entries

find /v ".part2.avi" f:\Rawlist.txt > F:\NoPart2.txt

Then Usually i'll open up a text editor, notepad, ultraedit, etc and do a Replace, changing \ for , (comma) then save the file as MovieList.CSV and open up in your favourite spreadsheet program (excel/openoffice/etc)

You can use data validation rules or your own eye to check each entry, or another easy method is to use a formula to remove the last 4 letters/characters from the CELL with your moviename.avi and moviename.tbn list and then just highlight duplicates, and look for the odd ones out.

ie; in excel =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) -4)

Note: this assumes your in another "1" cell, ie; B1 and that A1 contains your data source.

EDIT:

I guess after writing down how i do it, I Agree with OP - can you include support for this...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

missing fanart report
Page 1 of 1