Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

missing fanart report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flipped cracker
flipped cracker

missing fanart report Empty
PostSubject: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:24 pm

it be nice if you run a report that lists movies (or tv shows) that don't have any fanart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetvdb.com
katz
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
katz

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 am

Whilst its definitely an option to follow up, at the moment I just copy and paste the the text in the frame that appears as its scanning the movies that DONT have fanart.
Back to top Go down
http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39173
Ryld

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 am

i normally open up a command prompt and use find / dir

ie:

I have F:\Pillage\_Movies\Movie.Features.Source.EncodeQuality-Group\Imdb Movie Name..avi (and .tbn, .nfo)

so I do the following

Start -> Run -> CMD -> Ok (Vista users, all programs -> accessories -> Command prompt)

F:
CD \Pillage\_Movies\
DIR /B/S *.avi *.tbn *.nfo > F:\Rawlist.txt

then due to my naming format (Movie.Part1 Movie.Part2, etc) I remove the part2 entries

find /v ".part2.avi" f:\Rawlist.txt > F:\NoPart2.txt

Then Usually i'll open up a text editor, notepad, ultraedit, etc and do a Replace, changing \ for , (comma) then save the file as MovieList.CSV and open up in your favourite spreadsheet program (excel/openoffice/etc)

You can use data validation rules or your own eye to check each entry, or another easy method is to use a formula to remove the last 4 letters/characters from the CELL with your moviename.avi and moviename.tbn list and then just highlight duplicates, and look for the odd ones out.

ie; in excel =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) -4)

Note: this assumes your in another "1" cell, ie; B1 and that A1 contains your data source.

EDIT:

I guess after writing down how i do it, I Agree with OP - can you include support for this...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: missing fanart report   missing fanart report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

missing fanart report
Page 1 of 1