Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Request for option for the runtime field

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
platus_mage
New User
New User

Request for option for the runtime field Empty
PostSubject: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:13 am

Could it be possible to add an option to full in the runtime field based on the media file itself instead of scraping for that info? When the info is scraped alot of times it returns multiple runtimes for different cuts of a film. I thought that since media companion now gets that info already from each file that it would be cool to have an option to fill that in for the runtime.
Back to top Go down
platus_mage
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Anyone else see a benefit in this?
Back to top Go down
Vlatro

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 pm

This could help if you were searching for subtitles based off the .nfo files. Currently, XBMC sub scripts use the actual runtime and disregard the one listed in the nfo, but it would be quicker if the information about runtime was accurate. Identifying the proper cut of a movie has always been a pain.

Currently, I don't see this as vitally important for the program, few people would even notice it. But having correct info always allows you to do more with your media. It would open up future possibilities for Media Companion and XBMC.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:20 am

I will do this at some point when I have time,

It sounds like a reasonable suggestion that the runtime actually reflects the version you have since there are many reasons why the IMDB runtime could be out eg NTSC/PAL, directors cut etc.

I'll try to do it for the next build, although this will be limited to those who have media details enabled in the preferences.

If I forget then remind me, sometimes people ask me to do fairly simple things and because they are simple I leave them until last, by which time I have forgot all about them.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
platus_mage
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 am

Great thanks, look forward to that implementation. I used to go through and edit the runtimes by hand but my collection has grown rather large.
Back to top Go down
J_K_M_A_N

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 pm

The one thing I would add would be to add a 0 in front of movies that are shorter than 100 minutes. That way it will sort correctly in XBMC. Some people may not want it so maybe have it as an option. (Not a big deal, but I have made some playlists that sort by duration in case we want to watch a short movie so I change them all anyway.)

J_K_M_A_N
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 am

J_K_M_A_N wrote:
The one thing I would add would be to add a 0 in front of movies that are shorter than 100 minutes. That way it will sort correctly in XBMC.
This sounds more like a sorting bug you should be reporting on XBMC...

Bye,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
J_K_M_A_N

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 am

This is true but they scrape the full info from IMDB so half of them won't sort correctly anyway so I don't think they care. I may bring it up again though just to see.

J_K_M_A_N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for option for the runtime field   Request for option for the runtime field Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for option for the runtime field
Page 1 of 1