Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMDb Scraper Error!

Go down 
+2
Ignem
MarkC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkC

IMDb Scraper Error! Empty
PostSubject: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 am

Seems to be another issue or change at IMDb I am consistently getting "scrapper error" text in Studio, Genre, Outline, Plot, Tagline and in some cases for Runtime the other fields seem to scrape ok. Cannot say when it started but I think I scrapped last night so it was sometime in the last 24hrs.
Back to top Go down
Ignem
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 am

I'm having the same problem as well. Running the newest build (3.154).
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 am

Same problem here, running 3.154. Must have been a change at imdb
Back to top Go down
Huey
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:37 am

Me too! I used it extensively yesterday (NZ time - about 24hrs ago) with no probs at all, but today, the same issue as you other guys.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Working on this now, will have a fix uploaded in the next couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:19 pm

OK - I've just uploaded a fix, find it in the announcements.
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick fix!

Not a major issue but I still get Scraper Error "randomly" on <runtime> but if I re-scrape the movie it populates ok. Cannot see any consistency but it is happening.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:59 pm

MarkC wrote:
Not a major issue but I still get Scraper Error "randomly" on <runtime> but if I re-scrape the movie it populates ok. Cannot see any consistency but it is happening.

I'm not sure how that can happen, the rescrape uses the same library as the main scraper, if the input is the same then the output has to be the same.
Back to top Go down
Jocke69

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Maybe you get this error on movies you have to set your self like mine bug in tthis tread media bug I notice the same here
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Nope, getting it consistenly on all movies now and re-scrape does not fix the runtime.

I will rebuild MC from the .rar and see what happens
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:16 pm

MarkC wrote:
Nope, getting it consistenly on all movies now and re-scrape does not fix the runtime.

I will rebuild MC from the .rar and see what happens

I can now verify the issue, it seems IMDB are rolling out some changes to the html. It may be best to wait a few days before issuing a fix. The issues will apply to both new movies and rescraping movies.
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks, thought I was going mad. Anyway I rebuilt from scratch and re-scrapped my latest movies, it still returned the error when using the existing .nfo's but after deleting them it seems ok. I guess we have to be really careful and not do any updates on large colletions as it could really mess things up especially if like me you have edited some of the default titles.

EDIT: bummer, doing it again on runtime....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMDb Scraper Error!   IMDb Scraper Error! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMDb Scraper Error!
Page 1 of 1