Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyB

3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Empty
PostSubject: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 am

Hi,

I've got a TV series where I'd accidently left an old .nfo for an episode in the directory AND when originally mucking around with TV Show scraping had pointed MC to a read-only share so it couldn't write out the new .nfo.

I've now been cleaning up my TV Shows since getting v3.168.
I've got it pointing to a writable share path and all has been fine except, for this one show where I had one episode with a messed up .nfo.
I Scraped the season of the show, then deleted the messed up .nfo, and just want to re-scrape the individual episode.
So, with the episode selected in the TV Show tree, I've clicked the "Rescrape Selected Item" orange arrow button in top-right of screen. I then get the "Rescraping the Episode will Overwrite all the current details
Do you wish to continue?" warning dialog, click Yes, and then the "The Selected Episode is being Rescraped... Please Wait" message box just sits there forever.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 am

Hmmm... after closing and re-opening MC, the episode I'm trying to fix was gone from the list so I simply 'scanned for new episode' and it's all fixed up now.

Still curious, as to whether the "Rescrape Selected Item" should've worked in this case or not.

I appreciate it's hard to tell from the description I gave on how I got to where I was at Smile
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

It is a bug in the fact that it just sits there.

But the rescrape feature is to rescrape an existing nfo. MC cannot see when nfo files have been deleted, it would be quite ok to just rescrape the bad nfo without deleting it first.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:55 pm

I had a similar issue with the new context scraper for a single show. The show was Fresh Prince and I had 5 seasons that I was waiting to scrape. The initial scan for the Selected TV Show took quite some time to ge thte tvshow.nfo file. I used the new contect to scan the show for new epidoses. The first two seasons came up fine, while 3-5 had nfos, but no episode information in them. I did a rebuild and only Seaosn 1 and 2 showed in the main broswer. I deleted all empty nfos for seasons 3-5 and did a Search For NEw Eposides from the main tool bar. No nfos were created for seaons 3-5 this time. I checked TVDB to make sure the epsodies were listed and they are on the site.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 am

One thing to check is that for that TV Show that the episode order is set to Default rather than DVD. This has been known to cause episodes not to be found....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 am

I actually checked that for the show in question (Californication). I have validated all settings, deleted all images and nfos, including the tvshow.nfo. Starting from scratch on this show. Once I pcik it in TV show Select and press scrape show - just just sits there an never re-creates the tvshow.nfo.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 am

Wizerd wrote:
I actually checked that for the show in question (Californication). I have validated all settings, deleted all images and nfos, including the tvshow.nfo. Starting from scratch on this show. Once I pcik it in TV show Select and press scrape show - just just sits there an never re-creates the tvshow.nfo.

Update: It finally finished creating the tvshow.nfo - after 11 minutes. Not sure why it's takign so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue   3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.168 - Single TV Episode Rescrape issue
Page 1 of 1