Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkC

3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Empty
PostSubject: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for a great update, just a couple of things I have noticed;

If I select the "Duplicate" filter it does not show up any duplicates, I know I have several.

Also selecting "Problem", lists all the movies and as far as I am aware there should be none unless it is looking at something new in the .nfo.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Can someone else confirm these issues please, I am really missing the "Duplicates" filter.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
paybac
Media Companion Supporter
paybac

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:06 pm

I can confirm the duplicates isn't working, I just created a couple and they do not show up when duplicates filter is selected.

EDIT: Also I can confirm "problem" filter returns all movies
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am

So I was seeing the same as the above with 3.168.

I've update to 3.175 and now 'Duplicate' and 'Problem' are returning nothing. I definitely have at least 1 duplicate.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:32 am

I've added the code for Missing Posters and Missing Fanart as well (as posted by Bill previously). Missing Fanart is returning nothing for 3.175. The main menu still works for this feature though.
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 am

Wizerd wrote:
I've added the code for Missing Posters and Missing Fanart as well (as posted by Bill previously). Missing Fanart is returning nothing for 3.175. The main menu still works for this feature though.

Missing Fanart is working fine for me using both the genre filter "missing fanart" and the Movies Drop down "missing fanart"

Quote :
I've update to 3.175 and now 'Duplicate' and 'Problem' are returning nothing. I definitely have at least 1 duplicate.

Same as Anthony both "duplicate" and "problem" return nothing. I definately have a couple of duplicates, tho i'm pretty sure "problem" should be returning nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 am

Well, yes,... when it comes to 'Problem' I'm not sure I should be getting anything...

Question - What exactly is 'Problem' checking?

Do we need a Wiki or something to capture this sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
paybac
paybac

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 am

Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 pm

AnthonyB wrote:
Well, yes,... when it comes to 'Problem' I'm not sure I should be getting anything...

Question - What exactly is 'Problem' checking?

Do we need a Wiki or something to capture this sort of thing?

The problem filter is working correctly, although it is not something that should really be needed now.

The idea was that MC gen1 on occasion would create an incorrectly formatted xml document for the nfo files. These can not be imported into either XBMC or MC gen2.

When MC gen2 encounters such a file it simply adds the problem tag to an internal genre DB that allows users to see these files. If none exist then it can be removed, it is not possible for gen2 to create bad xml files.

The duplicates filter has been fixed for the next build and will apply the same and logic as the other filters. eg checked "horror" and "duplicates" will return "duplicates" that are also "horror"
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 pm

<Duplicates>

Nice one! Cannot wait to get this back and free up some space on ymy NAS ;-)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"   3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.168 - "Duplicates" and "Problem"
Page 1 of 1