Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkC

Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Empty
PostSubject: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi,

I am getting the below error when reading the .nfo's from my NAS after adding the folder to movies. It may not be completely connected to MC as I have recently updated the firmware on the NAS so that may be causing the issue however I am able to copy all the .nfo's from the NAS to a local drive so if it is firmware connected it only seems to be effecting MC.

It always stops at around 1014 movies and this is consistent even if I move/rename folders into subfolders and it stops with this error at different places during the scan so I think I have eliminated a bad .nfo causing this.

Any advice welcome as at the moment I cannot read my library in.

Thanks.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The system cannot open the file.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern)
at Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at Media_Companion.Form1.nfos_to_array()
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.preferences()
at Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.1.6.8
Win32 Version: 3.1.6.8
CodeBase: file:///E:/Media%20Companion%20Gen2%203.168/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 pm

MarkC wrote:
Hi,

I am getting the below error when reading the .nfo's from my NAS after adding the folder to movies. It may not be completely connected to MC as I have recently updated the firmware on the NAS so that may be causing the issue however I am able to copy all the .nfo's from the NAS to a local drive so if it is firmware connected it only seems to be effecting MC.

It always stops at around 1014 movies and this is consistent even if I move/rename folders into subfolders and it stops with this error at different places during the scan so I think I have eliminated a bad .nfo causing this.

MC is not without "features" so when something goes wrong, I generally rebuild movies/tv twice, once before closing MC and once after restarting it, see if that helps.

Other than that the SysInternals "Process Monitor" will prove whether or not it is a MC bug (you may want to filter the output as its significant).
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 am

MarkC wrote:
It may not be completely connected to MC as I have recently updated the firmware on the NAS so that may be causing the issue

So just to clarify, 3.168 was working fine, then you updated NAS firmware, and then the problem started?
There has been no other changes? MC wasn't also updated?

Just trying to narrow down ALL the changes that occurred between when it was working, and now.
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Well, it is all working now and I have not changed anything at all apart from having a stinking hangover today ;-)

Just a little background, I was getting the same issue from 2 different on different LAN segments PC`s on different LAN segments although they are both running Windows7 Ultimate x64. I was not getting any issues streaming movies or reading the .nfo's from the NAS. I cannot say for sure the issue started after updating the firmware as it has been a little while since I read the whole library in. Yes running 3.168 all the time but I did try an older version and got the same issue.

Have one question; does MC send out any calls to IMDB etc... when reading .nfo's from a folder, if it does that I can only assume that may have been causing the issue as like I said nothing has changed here and it is now reading my whole library in fine.

Time for some more pills...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:39 pm

MC does not access the web unless it is scraping data, posters etc.

There is no web access for just browsing.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:11 pm

ARRRGH!

It is doing it again, nothing changed (no reboots, shutdowns updates, nada), just added a different folder to scrape some new movies then removed that folder and added the NAS back and same error. Have deleted the settings folder and tried numerous times, same issue.

Can someone advise exactly where I need to look to see if it a MC issue or if the error is being caused by the NAS somehow.

Thanks.

EDIT: also when this happens I seem to loose connection to the NAS for a few seconds. No other program seems to cause this and I am able to read the movie collection in by Ember MM which actually takes longer than MC. I assume it is connected to the firmware update but cannot re-create the issue with any other program.

EDIT 2: The same error happens even when streaming a movie and copying files from the NAS to the same PC hence keeping the link open.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 pm

According to msdn the error is caused when you try to access a file that is already open.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d3wke8tz.aspx

All files are opened when rebuilding (Occurs when you add or remove a folder), but only the once, then closed.

Is it possible that some software on the nas is locking the file, antivirus etc.

To remove the posibility of MC causing the problem, move all the nfo files to your local machine, if the error still occurs then its MC, if not then its an issue with the NAS
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi,

MC loads all the files if held locally so I guess that the firmware update has changed something and this is really frustrating. Does not explain how earlier today it worked fine for a few hours. I may scrub the disks and see if that helps. I am also not able to downgrade the firmware to the one I had before.

Strange thing is that I cannot recreate this issue with any other software but perhaps Ember MM is reading the files in at a slower rate, it certainly takes a lot longer to scan the library.

Anyone with a Readynas Pro try to avoid the RAIDiator 4.2.8 update or if you have updated and please let me know as it may be a different issue with my NAS.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:17 pm

MarkC wrote:
Hi,

MC loads all the files if held locally so I guess that the firmware update has changed something and this is really frustrating. Does not explain how earlier today it worked fine for a few hours. I may scrub the disks and see if that helps. I am also not able to downgrade the firmware to the one I had before.

Strange thing is that I cannot recreate this issue with any other software but perhaps Ember MM is reading the files in at a slower rate, it certainly takes a lot longer to scan the library.

Anyone with a Readynas Pro try to avoid the RAIDiator 4.2.8 update or if you have updated and please let me know as it may be a different issue with my NAS.

MarkC - don't own a ReadyNas (DNS 323 and 321 myself) - but curious if this was a beta firmware or stable release from the vendor site?
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Stable full release!

Have never had any issues with my readynas devices and as I said all other software seems to access it ok. really at a loss as to haw this could be causing the issue with MC but clearly soemthing changed.
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:30 am

billyad2000 wrote:

Unfortunately I have evidence of the opposite. If I am shaped or have any internet issues at all or even at other more rareish times MC will hang and/or display ransish traps when browsing movies.

At the current time i am shapped (64KB/s), MC is taking a very very long time to display movie details effecively making it unusable. I have reported this before and requested a "internet disabled mode", I have turned off the actor option while browsing (whatever that was).
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 am

MarkC wrote:
Does not explain how earlier today it worked fine for a few hours. I may scrub the disks and see if that helps. I am also not able to downgrade the firmware to the one I had before.

Billy didn't say how he was opening the files but could something be indexing the drive (Google desktop search, Vista/WIN7 indexing etc)? These tools generally open for read only so depending on how MC worked it could work or fail in this situation.

The system internals handle tools (cmd line or GUI) are handy here as you can filter open handles by name).
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 am

dbareis wrote:
Billy didn't say how he was opening the files but could something be indexing the drive (Google desktop search, Vista/WIN7 indexing etc)? These tools generally open for read only so depending on how MC worked it could work or fail in this situation.

The system internals handle tools (cmd line or GUI) are handy here as you can filter open handles by name).

Really dont think it anything indexing the NAS as it consistently errors at the same points, not after a certain file but seems to be after a certain amount of .nfo's have been read, aroung 1014.

Please could you elaborate on "The system internals handle tools (cmd line or GUI) are handy here as you can filter open handles by name)", how do I run this etc... Googled it but still not sure.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 am

dbareis wrote:
billyad2000 wrote:

Unfortunately I have evidence of the opposite. If I am shaped or have any internet issues at all or even at other more rareish times MC will hang and/or display ransish traps when browsing movies.

At the current time i am shapped (64KB/s), MC is taking a very very long time to display movie details effecively making it unusable. I have reported this before and requested a "internet disabled mode", I have turned off the actor option while browsing (whatever that was).

I believe the actor browser puts the images from the net (or locally if your saving). I noticed turning this off helped be (a bit) with the speed issue. I have been some serious lag as well in simply going from one movie to another in the main window.
Back to top Go down
MarkC

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:18 am

Think I have found the issue but do not know if it being caused by the NAS or Windows 7 or the way they are both handling MC;

A log from my NAS has the following;

[2009/11/29 23:53:26, 0] smbd/open.c:151(fd_open)
Too many open files, unable to open more! smbd's max open files = 1044

I am not 100% sure this is the issue but from what I understand from the above it appears that MC or the NAS are not releasing/closing the files once they have been opened.

I have PM`d one of the developers at Netgear and will see what comes back, in the mean time anyone have any further thoughts.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:27 am

MarkC wrote:
Please could you elaborate on "The system internals handle tools (cmd line or GUI) are handy here as you can filter open handles by name)", how do I run this etc... Googled it but still not sure.

SysInternals "process monitor" to determine if NAS faulty (are file closes happing etc), otherwise their handle tool to determine if files are opened (by Windows/MC), see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896655.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168   Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unhaldled Exception - System cannot open the file - .168
Page 1 of 1