Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
honkyhole
New User
New User

MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Empty
PostSubject: MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava   MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi,

I have a TV show called Lava-lava! that I am trying to scrape, if I scrape with the name Lava-lava! I have to use task manager to close MC as it searches forever. If I change the folder name to Lava it at least brings up the search box but I get no results with lava in the search, if I change it to any other word it happily returns results.
I had initially thought it may be the ! that was the problem but american dad! scrapes fine.

Not sure why MC hates the show, its funny Wink

Thanks
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava   MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 am

It seems that there is an xml error in the returned results for "Lava-Lava!". I was going to report it but I've misplaced my password for TVDB forums, I would appreciate it if someone would do the honours.

The xml returned is below, and the <br> tags are causing the xml to fail.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Data>
<Series>
<seriesid>84995</seriesid>
<language>en</language>
<SeriesName>Lava-Lava!</SeriesName>
<banner>graphical/84995-g.jpg</banner>
<Overview>Lava-Lava! is a french slapstick animation series by Federico Vitali from 1995. It contains a pilot and 13 episodes of about 3min each.
<br>
The main characters of the short stories are animals, humans or aliens. They go through bizarre situations ending frequently out-of-control and violently.
<br>
Lava-Lava! uses many slapstick elements and get along without spoken words.</Overview>
<FirstAired>1995-01-01</FirstAired>
<IMDB_ID>tt0462649</IMDB_ID>
<id>84995</id>
</Series>
<Series>
<language>de</language>
<Overview>Die Hauptfiguren der kurzen Geschichten bilden meist Tiere, Menschen und Außerirdische. Diese durchleben bizarre Situationen, die in Übertreibungen und gewalttätigen Handlungen enden. Lava-Lava! beinhaltet viele Slapstickelemente, die Serie kommt komplett ohne Worte aus.</Overview>
<id>84995</id>
</Series>
<Series>
<language>fr</language>
<Overview>Lava-Lava! is a french slapstick animation series by Federico Vitali from 1995. It contains a pilot and 13 episodes of about 3min each.
<br>
The main characters of the short stories are animals, humans or aliens. They go through bizarre situations ending frequently out-of-control and violently.
<br>
Lava-Lava! uses many slapstick elements and get along without spoken words.</Overview>
<id>84995</id>
</Series>
</Data>

I'll add a handle for the next build so that MC reports these errors rather than just hanging.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava   MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:55 am

Back to top Go down
honkyhole
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava   MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 am

Thanks to both of you.

Your work is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava   MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC 3.175 searching for tv show Lava
Page 1 of 1