Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Actor thumbs in XBMC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gonzus
New User
New User

Actor thumbs in XBMC Empty
PostSubject: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 am

Hello, first post. Let me start by thanking you for an excellent and sweet program.

I download actor thumbs, and have noticed that MC stores them across 100 directories named 00 ~ 99. Now, I would like those thumbs to be picked up by XBMC as well. How do I do this? Is there any way to tell XBMC to use this same directory (with 100 subdirs) for its actor thumbs? Or do I have to tell MC to put the thumbs in two places, one for MC itself and one for XBMC? If the second answer is the correct one, what exact path do I specify to MC to put the thumbs for XBMC?

I just noticed that under General Scraper there is an Enable Save Actor Thumbs option, with the possibility to specify two paths. What exactly would I put in the XBMC path? Something like %APPDATA%/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video? But that one path has a different set of subdirs (16+2, not 100); will MC know what to do there?

Thanks again and best regards.

Last edited by gonzus on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Not quite that simple.

The MC actorpath is the path to the actors folder from MC.

The network path would be the path to the same folder from XBMC.

If XBMC is located on the same machine as MC then the paths would be the same.

More usual though is for XBMC to be located on a networked location which requires you to have the actor thumbs folder as a shared folder, and that you specify the path from XBMCs location.

Check this thread for a bit more info.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
gonzus
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
Not quite that simple.

The MC actorpath is the path to the actors folder from MC.

The network path would be the path to the same folder from XBMC.

If XBMC is located on the same machine as MC then the paths would be the same.

Sorry for being thick, I still don't get it. I did check the thread you mentioned, but it didn't clear things for me.

I have XBMC and MC installed on the same machine, so the paths, as you said, could be the same. I configured them to be so in MC (say, C:\thumbs). My problem is: how will XBMC know to go to that path to retrieve the thumbs?

Otherwise, what path can I tell MC to use, that I know before hand will be automatically picked up by XBMC?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 am

The path gets stored within the nfo actor tag which is read by XBMC when it scrapes the nfo, but instead of an IMDB url, it finds a local path so avoids the downloading from the internet

eg
Code:
  <actor>
    <name>Pierce Brosnan</name>
    <role>Harry Dalton</role>
    <thumb>C:\thumbs\12\nm0000112.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
gonzus
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:28 am

Got it running, thanks for all the hints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actor thumbs in XBMC   Actor thumbs in XBMC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actor thumbs in XBMC
Page 1 of 1