Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaGnome

3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Empty
PostSubject: 3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating   3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 am

Ok I've no clue what is going on with version 3.272 but here's what I can tell you..

I had version 3.265, then tried to install 3.272.. all my settings seemed to disappear. (No big deal easy enough to fix).

I went to TV shows --> folders first.. added my root... then hit Add folders from Roots.

The show folders appeared rather quickly, but I couldn't do anything else.. every time I'd click on the MC window, the PC would beep as if the app was frozen. Trying to move away from the app and it would take focus right back. There was no popup or visual indicator that it was doing anything, it just seemed frozen.

I had a phone call and after about 10 minutes I noticed a popup saying "changes saved".... no clue what it was doing but obviously it was 'working' on something.

2nd Issue is the background scraping... great idea.. poor implementation. It seems that while it does indeed scrape things in the 'background' all that really means to MC is that it is not giving the user any sort of feedback that it's scraping.. no line at the bottom like it used to or anything... the problem is that it keeps taking FOCUS whenever it updates itself.. so you can't work on another window on your PC at all since it seems to update something about every 2-4 seconds... trying to write this message itself was hell Smile

I'm sure that will be fixed eventually, but thought you should know..
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating   3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:33 am

I'll have to investigate this further, but it will be over the weekend (getting a bit late now and i've gotta work tomorrow Sad)

As far as I know, when scraping episodes or shows the nfo is displayed in the toolbar at the bottom of the MC window.

I will investigate though.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
DaGnome

PostSubject: Re: 3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating   3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 am

Thanks, it's all fixed now, it just took a while.

I THINK the issue might be because my movies are kept on a NAS and not on a local HD, so a 'normal' reload time might not need a popup or might not notice the slowdown.
I also happen to have about 400gigs of TV epsodies in about 250 odd folders (56 show folders + thier included episode subfolders). This probably contributed to the 'long' load time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating   3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.272 - New install - seems to freeze up a lot with no feedback. + Background updating
Page 1 of 1