Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Just extract the rar to your Media Companion directory, be sure to overwrite your old version.

Download

I have also updated the 3.293 release to include this library.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/


Last edited by billyad2000 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
badwulf
New User
New User


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Problem with IMDB and the "Change Movie" button.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:07 pm

I have the movie "Thirteen Ghosts" in my movie folder and when it got scraped originally the old movie is the one that it came up with. Now I just went to the "Change Movie" button and it brought up IMDB and I selected the 2001 Thirteen Ghosts and clicked the "Go" button. When I do, I get a button that says "Please browse to a movie page". I've tried different ways of approaching this and even shutting down/restarting MC but I keep getting the same problem and it won't switch out the movie info. I hope this makes sense and I've posted this in the right spot. Also I am using your latest version and even downloaded that new .DLL even though you said it was already in this new version.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm

badwulf wrote:
I have the movie "Thirteen Ghosts" in my movie folder and when it got scraped originally the old movie is the one that it came up with. Now I just went to the "Change Movie" button and it brought up IMDB and I selected the 2001 Thirteen Ghosts and clicked the "Go" button. When I do, I get a button that says "Please browse to a movie page". I've tried different ways of approaching this and even shutting down/restarting MC but I keep getting the same problem and it won't switch out the movie info. I hope this makes sense and I've posted this in the right spot. Also I am using your latest version and even downloaded that new .DLL even though you said it was already in this new version.

Thanks

I've just tested this, and it is working properly.

It seems that you are not browsing to the actual movie page.

When you click 'Go', Media Companion does a couple of checks to ensure that the url is a valid.
for Thirteen Ghosts, the url I get is:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245674/

The check is not mirror dependant and only looks at the last part (/title/tt0245674/)

If you are still having problems then let me know the url of the page when you click 'Go', you can find it by right mouse clicking on the webpage, and looking at the page properties.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
badwulf
New User
New User


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
badwulf wrote:
I have the movie "Thirteen Ghosts" in my movie folder and when it got scraped originally the old movie is the one that it came up with. Now I just went to the "Change Movie" button and it brought up IMDB and I selected the 2001 Thirteen Ghosts and clicked the "Go" button. When I do, I get a button that says "Please browse to a movie page". I've tried different ways of approaching this and even shutting down/restarting MC but I keep getting the same problem and it won't switch out the movie info. I hope this makes sense and I've posted this in the right spot. Also I am using your latest version and even downloaded that new .DLL even though you said it was already in this new version.

Thanks

I've just tested this, and it is working properly.

It seems that you are not browsing to the actual movie page.

When you click 'Go', Media Companion does a couple of checks to ensure that the url is a valid.
for Thirteen Ghosts, the url I get is:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245674/

The check is not mirror dependant and only looks at the last part (/title/tt0245674/)

If you are still having problems then let me know the url of the page when you click 'Go', you can find it by right mouse clicking on the webpage, and looking at the page properties.

I tried it again and this is the url of the page I'm on when I click the "Go" button.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245674/

It's the same one you posted. I still get the same error. I thought I was doing everything right. It seems pretty straight forward. Some things did occur to me. What is the browser MC using based off of? Is it pulling from whatever my default browser is set to? My default browser is Chrome but I'm writing this post in Firefox. I use both pretty regular. IE is also installed, but only use it for MS stuff. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but it was the only thing I could think of. Let me know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyad2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:56 pm

It looks like you are doing everything correctly,

For the purpose of selecting changed movies, Media Companion uses the .net embedded browser, your external browsers will not have any effect.

There will be another build of Media Companion this coming weekend and although I can't see why it is failing for you, i'll look into tweaking the check.

_________________
Do you have a problem with Media Companion, before posting a bug then please check you have the very latest version of Media Companion http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billyad2000.co.uk
badwulf
New User
New User


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 am

billyad2000 wrote:
It looks like you are doing everything correctly,

For the purpose of selecting changed movies, Media Companion uses the .net embedded browser, your external browsers will not have any effect.

There will be another build of Media Companion this coming weekend and although I can't see why it is failing for you, i'll look into tweaking the check.

Just an FYI. I did change my default browser to Firefox and tried it. No Change. I even made IE the default and tried it. No Change. As you say, being MC uses .net browser it should have not made any difference. I did also try checking the use external browser option and had no change. Of course that would have taken me out of MC all together and defeat my purpose. One thing I do notice though, is that when the .net browser first comes up it gives and error like it couldn't connect to the internet right away, but then it corrects itself automatically about after 3 seconds or so and loads IMDB fine. It says Navigation Cancelled. Try retyping the address. Then like I said it corrects itself. It seems this only happens on the initial launching of MC. Once it's browsed a page it doesn't give the that message again. It may or may not have anything to do with my issue, I'm just giving you all the details. The more you know the more you have to work with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badwulf
New User
New User


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: More Info   Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 am

Just another bit of note for you as you check into this. When you told me that it was a .net Browser, I got to thinking maybe one of my installations of the .net framework was giving the trouble. I had four different versions installed, including the latest 4.0. I had 2.0, 3.0, 3.5SP1or2 and 4.0. So I started from the newest and began uninstalling back. I uninstalled 4.0 then tried the "Change Movie" option with the same results. I did the same thing for all versions down to 2.0 and never got it to work. I uninstalled them all and to make sure there wasn't some strange secret installation I ran MC and it would run. So knowing I had no more .net framework versions on the computer. I installed .net 3.5 from the link on your site. Ran the "Change Movie" option and still no luck. I know this is a lot to do, but I wanted to help rule some things out for you and hopefully maybe stumble on a fix myself. I'm going to try updating the 3.5 version with the latest SP and see if that does anything. Hope this info is helpful. Also I'm running XP PRO SP3 on this particular system. I'll give more details if I come across any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingeon
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:21 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
There will be another build of Media Companion this coming weekend

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angeoand
Junior Member
Junior Member


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Should bridesmaids trash their dresses aswell?   Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 am

cyclops cyclops I'm so like your style.I agree to your opinion.Hoping
more your better article!Pearl Jewelry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010   

Back to top Go down
 
Fixed IMDB scraper library 15 June 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 2010 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest Winners
» How to edit the banner (fixed)
» RitzPix June-July'11 Photo Contest
» Headache 2010-2011
» 2010: My year for The Migraine Problem: Now Gabapentin (Neurontin)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Announcements-
Jump to: