Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
feerlessleadr430

Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Empty
PostSubject: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Billy,

Much like the title says, whenever I add a TV show to MC, I will save it, and then go back to the main tv show tab and the show will be scraped as expected.

However, when I exit MC and a while later I go back into the program I will notice that my most recently added 2 or 3 tv show folders will be missing from the folder listing within MC. When I select add shows from root, they are added back with all of their information (since the nfo and artwork are still on the drive) I don't know why this has been happening, but is has been for a while now. I am using 3.317 at the time of this writing.
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 am

hi billy,

for some reason, my problem is getting worse and worse.

I tried removing all of my tv show folders and then starting from scratch, except now everytime I close and open up MC, all of my folders are gone. I cannot get them to save. All of the TV shows still show up in the main browser, but when I go to the folder tab, my root folders are listed to the left, and all other folders are completely gone.

I have also tried starting with a fresh MC folder and I am having the same problem. My two tv show folders are located on an external disk, although I don't see why that would be a problem now and never before.

It seems that the only way I can get the folders to save, is if i add them manually one at a time.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 am

Have you tried disabling the cache, its under general preferences - general

Let us know if that makes a difference (MC will be a lot slower with it turned off, but it will help with the diagnosis)

The other thing to try is a local folder, just to eliminate the external drive as an issue...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:27 pm

well i started from scratch and i created some dummy tv shows on my main c:drive. I created a brand new instance of MC and added and scrapped all of the shows to no avail. whenever I closed and reopened, most of the folders were gone.

I then tried your suggestion and disabled the cache on my main MC install, and low and behold, all of the folders are there upon restart. So at least we know it is the cache that is losing the stored folders for some reason.

any idea how I can fix this?
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 am

just as an update....i just added a new show to my library this morning. I open up MC just now, and the show was missing from my tv show folders. I then had to re-add the folder and it was there.

So it appears that disabling the cache didn't fix my problem afterall.

So far I have eliminated my external vs internal drive and the cache.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 am

OK a couple of extra things to try.....

What operating system are you using?

Have you tried putting MC in a folder like c:\MC

Its just that if you have Vista or Win7 MC will not be able to write to those folders. The odd thing is that by the sounds of it some files stick & others don't....

Do you log in as different users at all?

Also you can have a look at the config files & see if the information is updated in them before closing MC.

So under your MC folder is another folder called config. In that there are some xml files (open them with notepad)

As an example the config.xml should have something like this at the top of it...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <xbmc_media_companion_config_v1.0>
  <tvfolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy TV Shows\Lost</tvfolder>
  <tvfolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy TV Shows\Stargate Universe</tvfolder>
  <tvfolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy TV Shows\Two and A Half Men</tvfolder>
  <tvrootfolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy TV Shows</tvrootfolder>
  <nfofolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy Movies</nfofolder>
  <offlinefolder>C:\Media Companion\Dummy Offline Movies</offlinefolder>

So the thing to do would be to add a TV show in MC, check that its in the config. Shut down MC, confirm its still there, reopen MC & confirm that it shows in MC.

Knowing when the information is lost may assist us in finding the cause...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
feerlessleadr430

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:28 am

I am running on windows 7 64bit. I had a problem with folder permissions when I first started using MC way back before gen2, so I moved it to a custom folder under C:\Users\Kevin\XBMC\MC

I've been using it there ever since with no permissions problems. I don't log in as different users either in windows or MC.

I did take a look at the config files, and I think I may have figured out why the folders are not saving...at least I figured out how to get the folders to save. I noticed that when I would add folders from roots and pressed save, a box would pop up that says new shows are being scraped and would be added to MC. I would then exit the folder menu and see the show in the tree. I then checked the config file, but the folder was not listed. I then when back into the folder menu and pressed save again and a different box popped up that said 'changes saved'. I then checked the config and boom, there is the show. I close MC and it is still there and I restart MC and it is still there.

so for some reason, when I click save the first time, it isn't actually writing to the config file, I need to press save twice. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Thats interesting, I'm sure I get asked twice to save, once initially & once when I try to navigate away.....

Sounds like something Billy will need to look into....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders   Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Media Companion not saving recently added TV Show Folders
Page 1 of 1