Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you handle Tv Films?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jyujinkai

How do you handle Tv Films? Empty
PostSubject: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 am

Hi there....

Another thing that is bothering me is... if there is a way to include films form a TV series in the TV Section of XBMC though media companion.... I am not talking about the obvious TV Movies like say Babylon 5:- Thirdsapce... I understand that you can name these and other "specials" as 0x?? and the scrapper will find them form teh specials section at thetvdb.com.

Anyway I think this is cool... Babylon 5 is a good example as there is a ton of TV Films These all appear under the b5 section of the TV Library in XBMC.....

BUT....

Is there a way to add FILMS to this section.... for example.... Star Trek has about 10 films... some TOS and some TNG and now the Reboot.... is there a way I can get media companion to create a "new" tv show and house each of these films as a episode? Or worse, but still better than having them

Also with Firefly, there is a film to end the series called "Serenity" can I get that as episode 14, or show in the specials section liek the babylon 5 films?
(The ep called "serenity" in the specials section 0x01 is in fact NOT the film serenity but the unaired pilot serenity that was attached to the dvd)

Thanks in advance

<--- EDIT

This seams convoluted.. .I'll quickly try to say it clearer

Q1:- Can I take any random film and add it as a "special" to a given TV show?
Q2:- Can I "invent" a TV Show to house all the Star Trek Films, were each film is in fact an episode?
Q3:- If I have a DVD Xtra not included in the "specials" section of theTVDB, how can I add that to the TVshows in the specials area?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Basically you need to copy & then edit or create your own tvshow.nfo & episode nfo's & name your videos correctly.

e.g.
S00E01 My Special Video.avi
S00E01 My Special Video.nfo

even the SxxExx is not required in the title once the nfo is created since the nfo holds the 'real' series & episode numbers....

Once created & in the right folders, when you do a rebuild, MC will go thru & locate all of those nfos & populate the listings as per normal.

MC will not try & find then online unless you delete an nfo from an associated video file & you start an episode search. That is when MC tries to work out the series & episode number from the title provided.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Ok great... i'll not mark this closed untill I have this working, it is 4am and I just got up to do my jog... but will have a go at this when I get home from work tonight...

Thanks for all your help.
Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:54 am

I can not seam to get this working Sad

Mabey you could explain in more detail...

Example

I have Stargate SG1 + the Stargate original film teh show was based on...

How do I get the film to show up in xbmc under TV Shows in Specials?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 am

OK Stargate the movie is already on TVDB so that makes it easier...

Just rename your movie to S00E01.avi

Then get MC to search for new episodes...

MC will add it to a new sub folder called "specials"

BTW Series 00 (S00) means specials....
Back to top Go down
Jyujinkai

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 am

lol

ok that was bad example then.. as ... how about lest use

Firefly... there is a film called Serenity, the specials section dose have an entry for serenity, but it is for he un aired pilot episode..... how would i add that film to the TV entries....

---------

Also how would i make a completely new show.. so i can do the Star Trek movie thing?
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:40 pm

A ha!

In that case you would do much the same. Rename your avi as S00E01.avi

It will scrape the wrong information but the files that you need will be created.

Then using MC edit the the information on the right pane & save.

Then you will need to locate the avi & nfo & manually rename them to the correct filename. They have to be named the same except for the extension.

Lastly you will have to rebuild that show in MC so that all the details in the nfo & the nfos location are correct.

Once MC has a nfo for a file it won't rescrape it. Also if you don't have a valid season episode number it won't find it on TVDB anyway so that should also stop it from overwriting it. Lastly you could make the nfo readonly just to be sure.

Re the new show, simply copy a current show into your new folder. Edit the tvshow.nfo for the show title. Copy an already created nfo & manually edit it with the right data remembering that the avi & nfo need to be named the same. Do a full rebuild of all your shows to load in the new tvshow & episode nfo information.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm

1 extra step....you need to add the new folder to the folder tab otherwise MC won't look for it Smile

and you will have to manually download your posters/fanart
Back to top Go down
Acheson63

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Deep V-Neck Wedding Dresses style, emphasizes the bride’s slim waist, embroidery on fabric design for the dress all add a gorgeous feeling, a small tail design adds a more festive flavor. Sweetheart Wedding Dresses Sweetheart Wedding Dresses Cheap Sweetheart Wedding Dresses Cheap Sweetheart Wedding Dresses Wholesale Sweetheart Wedding Dresses Wholesale Sweetheart Wedding Dresses
Back to top Go down
alexcamron
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 am

Therefore, there is an interesting question. My AppleTV that can stream from i-Tunes. If my film in my external media, not in the i-Tunes folder, I can based on my current AppleTV's? Particular file, I do not like to play MKVS? I also saw on the page, it does so there is no try before you buy option. I miss it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you handle Tv Films?   How do you handle Tv Films? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you handle Tv Films?
Page 1 of 1