Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Incorrect aspect ratio when scraping DVD rips.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jz1276

Incorrect aspect ratio when scraping DVD rips. Empty
PostSubject: Incorrect aspect ratio when scraping DVD rips.   Incorrect aspect ratio when scraping DVD rips. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 am

After ripping a DVD, I convert it to MKV using handbrake, Xmedia Recode, whatever. I have the program automatically crop out the black bars of course. This mainly happens with movies with a 2.35:1 AR but can also happen with movies of other aspect ratios. I will check the details of the file with Media Info first and everything is always correct. However, after I scape with Media Companion the AR will read as 1.957 in the nfo file it has created for a film that is 720x368. Another example is for a movie that is 712x344 it is coming up with the ratio as 2.070 when it SHOULD be 1.85:1. This only happens with DVDs that I rip and convert to MKV. They all play fine with the proper aspect ratio. Any ideas? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Incorrect aspect ratio when scraping DVD rips.
Page 1 of 1