Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windows service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nmarconi
New User
New User

Windows service Empty
PostSubject: Windows service   Windows service Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:58 am

Hi,

I love your program. Have you considered offering this as a windows service that would use the filesystemwatcher class to watch for new video files in a folder and automatically download and add the nfo/tbn/fanart? Then the main program could edit the info that was downloaded automatically if the user wanted and manage preferences? I would find this insanely helpful as I would not have to open the program to edit the info unless i noticed that xbmc had some incorrect info. It would provide all the convenience of the xbmc imdb scraper with all of the control/speed of custom nfo's. I'm not sure if other people using your software are as lazy as I am, but I thought i would throw the idea out there.

-nate
Back to top Go down
dbareis
dbareis

Windows service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows service   Windows service Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:33 am

Nmarconi wrote:
Hi,

I love your program. Have you considered offering this as a windows service that would use the filesystemwatcher class to watch for new video files in a folder and automatically download and add the nfo/tbn/fanart? Then the main program could edit the info that was downloaded automatically if the user wanted and manage preferences? I would find this insanely helpful as I would not have to open the program to edit the info unless i noticed that xbmc had some incorrect info. It would provide all the convenience of the xbmc imdb scraper with all of the control/speed of custom nfo's. I'm not sure if other people using your software are as lazy as I am, but I thought i would throw the idea out there.

-nate

The watch class idea sounds good, but having a service is probably overkill, you could just add a shortcut from the "startUp" folder (starting minimised).
Back to top Go down
http://dennisbareis.com
Nmarconi
New User
New User

Windows service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows service   Windows service Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:56 pm

agreed - no need for the windows service. Just adding the ability to watch folders would also be a much quicker addition to the code and it gets at the heart of what i would like it to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows service   Windows service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows service
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Media Companion :: Media Companion :: Feature Requests-
Jump to: