Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming.... Empty
PostSubject: Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....   Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 am

I noticed at the moment that the "," is being removed from renamed files, however it is a valid filename character.

Also perhaps a minor issue....

If an episode name is "S.O.S.", the resultant filename becomes "S.O.S..avi" - I know its technically correct, but perhaps removal of a period from the name before the extension is added might be in order?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....   Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:35 pm

OK - i've tweaked the renaming so that "," are not removed, along with several other characters that I was removing such as "+" and "="

I have also added a check for episode titles that end with a single "." and remove that period, titles ending with multiple periods will not be altered.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....   Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:07 pm

I appreciate all of those additions Billy, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....   Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible unnecessary removal of characters during renaming....
Page 1 of 1