Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyB

3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Empty
PostSubject: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:24 pm

I've had the following happen to me twice with 3.168 but I can't seem to get a reliable repro set of steps at this stage... so, I'm calling it out so at least it's out there and in case someone else runs into the problem AND can work out a repro.

1. Select a movie that I wanted to replace the scraped poster on
2. Click 'Posters' button
3. Click 'TMdB' button as poster source
4. Select the radio button of the poster I want
5. Click 'Save Image' button

On 2 occassions, I've suddenly ended up on the 'Wall' instead of staying on the Posters screen!?!?

In both these cases, the poster I selected did get saved but I'm damned if I can work out how I'm suddenly being bounced over the the Wall.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Media Companion Supporter
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm

I have actually seen this one as well. It only seems to do it when the image actually changes. Reloading the same image does not jump to the wall. I suspect that the Wall cache is being updated at the same time.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, I'm now finding that sometime I jump straight back to the Main Browser screen so I'm really confused as to the 'expected' behaviour.

I would expect that the behaviour should always be to stay on the Posters screen and display the newly selected image.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Well the expected results should be returning to whatever screen it was called from since there are a few ways you can get to edit a poster.
Back to top Go down
StormyKnight
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 am

...However often its good to see the "new" poster at large resolution so you can make a judgement on its quality before returning....

Re the posters Billy, is it possible to display the resolution of these under the thumbnails before selection? Also if possible, it would be nice to only return those posters that are within certian size parameters. Some people would want small to save space & others would want bigger for quality....
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 am

StormyKnight wrote:
...However often its good to see the "new" poster at large resolution so you can make a judgement on its quality before returning....

Yep, this is something I like to do.

StormyKnight wrote:
Re the posters Billy, is it possible to display the resolution of these under the thumbnails before selection?

I also liked this feature of showing the resolutions which seems to have gone in recent builds. Often you'll see the same poster but at different resolutions in the thumbnails so it gives you a quick way of choosing higher or lower rez depending on your preferences. Happy if it's optional setting.
Back to top Go down
Wizerd
Wizerd

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:52 am

I agree here. I have gone through the poster selection a few times with images that 'look' the same as far as the thumbnail goes - only to find it isn't the resolution I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 5:33 pm

The issue with MC switching back to the wall will be fixed for the next build, it was something that seemed like a good idea at the time, but even if it worked as I expected, it is more of a pain than a help.

As for the poster resolution, this is not possible, as I have said on a number of occasions. High quality images are available from TMdb and IMPA, but the images I download to populate the browser are all low res preview images. While I could display the resolution it would only be that of the lo-res image. You can preview the full image and see its full resolution by double clicking the thumbs.

Downloading only the hires images would not only be much slower, but would put more of a load on an already strained TMdb.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall   3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.168 - After selecting movie poster 'sometimes' end up on Wall
Page 1 of 1