Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)

Go down 
+36
AnthonyB
paalfe
amsquires83
a51alias
sidysm
mk1
KidKiwi
MeelsEba
feerlessleadr430
StormyKnight
doveman
marked
Envy
petebob796
leewsimpson
twojenkins
tmp
toekneebullard
poubweb
Pko66
Nomenix
deepblue
Wizerd
SchismatiK
Doughboy
dbareis
constructacon
jphoenix
paybac
alchemist
talkto_menow
Pr.Sinister
Vlatro
Forts
konradwalsh
billyad2000
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:00 pm

mk1 wrote:
Hi, first of all this is some great software! Thank you so much for giving your time to develop this for people.

As far as improvements/feature requests, I agree with some of the above posters about the ability to add other options for how to rename episodes. Also, being able to scan a folder (ie. Downloads) for episodes and automatically move and rename them into the appropriate TV Show\Season folder.

I would also love to see the ability to rename movies/folders. Perhaps being able to add ac3/encoding info etc, so these flags show in XBMC.

I often find that if a download includes a Subs folder/rar archive, then this is scraped as a separate movie. I don't know if it is possible to avoid this.

I do not feel the need for RSS downloading of torrents, as this seems a completely different purpose and so is perhaps best left to a separate program. Best be a master of one task, than jack of all trades.. is my opinion.
I also agree with Wizerd that Music can wait until TV/Movies finished, but obviously there are many who disagree with me!

Now, my main feature wish is that this could be used through a web interface. The reason for this is that I am planning on making a small HTPC running XBMC Live. There is one such media manager, but it is simply a way of viewing the XBMC database, not scraping etc. If this could all run in the background of XBMC live, then that can contain all downloading/media control/playback in one self contained unit.
Now, I know this would be based on entirely different code, so perhaps if this was open sourced, then someone could try this. I would be glad to try, although it would be quite a learning curve! Does anyone else think this would be useful?

A more powerful rename system is in the works - it will not be added in tomorrows build - but almost certainly the build following that.

To avoid scraping subtitle files use the 'Set number in MB, RAR archives smaller than this will be ignored' located in the general preferences. A frequent request was for MC to support rar archives as media, but MC cannot actually read inside the rar archive. This setting allows MC to ignore all rar files below the set size. Setting this number high will pretty much remove the issue you are having.

Music may come eventually, but there are a lot of hurdles that must be overcome and at the moment I am not sure how well any music scraper would perform. My experience is that even using XBMC the scraping results are pretty awfull. Differences in albums and track order exist on identical albums depending on country and edition. If someone was to build a resource similar to TVdb or TMdb then it may be easier. One thing that I have noticed is that people have a low tolerance for mis-scrapes, even though I consider the MC movie scraper to be very good, I still get a great many complaints about lack of accuracy.

As for the web interface, such things may come in the future although I think that it is beyond my abilities at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
constructacon

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:37 am

billyad2000 wrote:
constructacon wrote:
My question is: is it possible to download both the folder.jpg and banner.jpg for shows (+ be able to browse TVDB etc and change them similar to posters). I'm sorry if this is worded inneloquently.

It would be a simple matter for me to add this to media companion, but it is not supported by XBMC which only reads the 'folder.jpg' file.
It's not needed for XBMC itself but for the Adroid (mobile phone) Remote program which works in conjuction with XBMC. I have manually downloaded a banner.jpg file for each TV show I currently have in my library and have tested XBMC. As far as I can tell it has no adverse impact on XBMC using different views and different skins (I tried PM3.HD, Confluence and Trancperancy!) - they each still use folder.jpg.

Once the Android Remote program is fully developed I would imagine someone doing a port across for the iPhone/iPad and the user base increasing who require both folder.jpg and banner.jpg.

Not having to manually add banners as my library expands (and change them as new/better artwork is made available) would be awesome.

billyad2000 wrote:
One thing that I have noticed is that people have a low tolerance for mis-scrapes, even though I consider the MC movie scraper to be very good, I still get a great many complaints about lack of accuracy.
I don't know what they're talking about. Your program is awesome. I would suggest the problem lies with IMDB. In the past using the IMDB website I've typed the *exact title* of a film in their search engine and it's spat back at me some completely random film. Don't let them get you down. Some people just can't be pleased.

EDIT: It turns out there already is a remote for iPhone. I didn't realise this.

Last edited by constructacon on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mk1
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am

I would agree that your program is generally very accurate. One area that I sometimes find tricky though is correcting a wrong scrape. Using the 'Change Movie' button, I cannot type a new name and search the site, so need to try and find it through menus.
Back to top Go down
sidysm

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 pm

billyad2000 wrote:
constructacon wrote:
My question is: is it possible to download both the folder.jpg and banner.jpg for shows (+ be able to browse TVDB etc and change them similar to posters). I'm sorry if this is worded inneloquently.

It would be a simple matter for me to add this to media companion, but it is not supported by XBMC which only reads the 'folder.jpg' file.

I already put this in the request forum, although it's not native in xbmc it's supported at a skinning level and getting common place along with logo's in newer skins like night, shade and alaska. Would love to see this added as a feature
Back to top Go down
a51alias
New User
New User

PostSubject: extrathumbs   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked for but could not find it via searching...

It would be good if you could implement a feature that allows you to save stills from the movie files and save them under an 'extrathumbs' directory for use with the Aeon Showmix skin in XBMC.

These are labeled as 'thumb1.jpg', thumb2.jpg etc and have the ability to specify how many thumbs you wish to be scraped, and if to scrape any at all.

This is a feature in a rival product that works well and uses FFMPEG.exe to do the ripping but personally, prefer to use MC.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
amsquires83
New User
New User

PostSubject: Offline Movies   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

StormyKnight wrote:

MC can now handle Offline Movies, and create a 16 second movie clip that serves as a place holder for the DVD/Blu Ray.

Would it be possible to have the 16 second video clip say "Insert 'Film Name' Disc" rather than "DVD", or allow users to create a custom message? I plan to use Offline Movies for Blu-Rays, whereas most of my DVDs are already on my system.

Howey The Lads!
Back to top Go down
paalfe
paalfe

PostSubject: countries   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:53 am

scrape countries info from imdb.com
xbmc svn now supports countries tags.
Back to top Go down
Nomenix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:55 pm

''watch trailer'' instead of ''download trailer''
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I've been thinking about this question for quite a while and based on the way XBMC4XBOX is being developed, and how I use it, the one single feature I would want is Music collection management.

Using MC to manage Movies and TV Shows has just highlighted the gap on XBMC when I go to do anything in my Music.
Back to top Go down
dynaram
New User
New User

PostSubject: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 am

I will Like to see Logo's to be downloaded for episodes
Back to top Go down
Grubsy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 am

Is it possible to show TV episodes twice somehow? i.e. For some of my favourite shows I have them in 2 versions. From instance 'Season 01 - 720P BluRay x264' & 'Season 01 - DVDRiP XviD'. When the show is scanned it only shows the episode once.

Back to top Go down
climbaz
New User
New User

PostSubject: Mac Version!   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
angeoand

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:49 am

please look this site ,you will find all the things are very cheap and beautiful,you want to look? [url= http://www.goodgoodschina.com/categories/jewelry/pearl-jewelry/wholesale-pearl-necklace]Pearl Necklace[/url]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)   Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you want MC to go next? (Suggested Feature List)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3