Media Companion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Companion

Discussion and development board for the program Media Companion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
greybeard

TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Empty
PostSubject: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Subject says it all. WinXP SP2, MC 3.182.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyB

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:33 am

Not happening for me.

TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Filename

This is the area you are referring to right?
Back to top Go down
greybeard

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

AnthonyB wrote:
Not happening for me.

TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Filename

This is the area you are referring to right?

Exactly. And the word "Filename" is not right justified with the label above, it extends one character (the "e") to the right and its grey background overwrites the first char of the actual filename.
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

This issue seems to occur for people who have their windows DPI set above the default, set it to normal and the GUI should display correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
greybeard

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:26 pm

DPI? Are you talking about the resolution? I run at 1280x1024. Do I need to change that to 1024x768?
Back to top Go down
billyad2000
Admin
billyad2000

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:47 am

Not the resolution, DPI is used to make everything larger, its normally set at 96, but can be raised to 120 or higher, since the controls are made bigger on MC, they are not displayed correctly.

http://www.lawfirmsoftware.com/support/change_dpi_settings_xp.htm may help
Back to top Go down
http://billyad2000.co.uk
greybeard

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Good deduction! I changed the DPI to 96, but then the standard font is a little small for my old eyes. So I reset the font to large, which works fairly well on most screens, but MC seems to still be using the small font, and the task bar is now using a font that is unpleasantly large for the number of things I usually have parked on it.

If the only problem in the GUI if I use 120DPI and the standard font is to make me have to guess the first char of a filename when I have other ways of inferring it from onscreen info, I may go back to my old setup, but I will give the current 96DPI with large font a day or so.

Thanks for everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename   TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows -> Episode details, Filename label overruns 1st char of filename
Page 1 of 1